Saturday, May 21, 2016

2016 RSC May Green Week 3

This week I worked on a green RSC column of flying geese. All my other column blocks were loose so I sewed them together. I wanted to audition my colorful RSC columns. So far, looking good! To see what others made with their green prints, go here.

A grandson requested a string block quilt. Since his birthday is in August, I thought I'd start making blocks for a media themed quilt. I'm sewing colorful 1.5" strips of fabric on 7 3/4" square pieces of paper torn from a phone book. The centers are 2" strips of Kona White fabric. I using a lot of super hero, movie, cartoon and tv themed prints.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

2016 RSC May Green Week 2

Another week playing with green and I'll add a doll quilt, a wonky star and a Boxy Star block to my collections. Four string QOV blocks made it into the picture. A few teeny tiny zipper purses were out the door before I thought to take a picture. I'll start making more for my Christmas gift collection. I'm working on a couple quilts I hope to have ready for pictures soon. To see what others made with their "greens" this week go here.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

2016 RSC May Green Week 1, Charity Baby Quilt and Charity Doll Quilt

I Love Green. Especially after a long winter time when trees have lost all their pretty green leaves. This week I pieced four 16-patch blocks, one 36-patch blocks and a super scrappy pot holder to add to my collections. To see what others made with their green scraps go here.

When one wants to make a fast and easy quilt, nothing works better than a panel. My sewing buddy, Laura, gave me a couple baby panels to turn into baby quilts earlier this year. The backing for this panel is a soft lemon yellow cotton. It's quilted with a large free motion meander and bound with a colorful striped print. It finished at 34.5" x 42". I'll take this little quilt to this month's annual guild meeting.

Little doll quilts are such fun to sew. Addictive! This little quilt finished at 21" square. I'll donate it later this year.

Friday, April 22, 2016

2016 RSC Orange and Black Week 4

Another week playing with orange scraps and I'll add two 16-patch blocks to my ongoing 16-patch block RSC collection. I'll also add a scrappy wonky star block to that block collection. Pulling from my small scraps, I pieced a super scrappy pot holder/hot pad. These are a lot of fun.
I pieced two orange and blue pot holders from gifted scraps. They will be donated to sell at our guild's annual quilt show boutique in September.
Four QOV blocks made it into the picture. Our guild turns these blocks into Home Town Hero quilts.
To see what others made with their scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.

I added three rows of dancing nines to this quilt in progress. It was meant to be a second H2H quilt, but it won't be ready in time. It needs at least three more rows and a border or two, a pieced backing, quilting, binding ... I'll finish it later this year. I have one H2H quilt finished and ready to donate so all is good.

Friday, April 15, 2016

2016 RSC April Orange and Black Week 3, Doll Quilt

Not a lot to show for the last two week, but I did play with orange scraps. The nine 6.5" orange blocks will be the fourth column of the 2016 RSC Row Quilt Along. Two 7" X 10" scrappy batik mug rugs make it into the picture.

36 patch blocks made with 2" squares are fun to sew. I made four blocks with blues, browns, purples, and oranges earlier this year. This week I made four blocks in contrasting RSC colors to add to my collection.
To see what others made with their orange scraps go here Saturday morning.

I love making doll quilts. This one finished at 21" square. It will be donated.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

2016 RSC April Orange/Black/Brown, H2H Sweet Sixteen Quilt Finished, Doll Quilt

Rainbow Scrap Challenge April colors are orange with black and brown. I'll add this orange Boxy Star block, a 36-patch block and a super scrappy pot holder to my collections. To see what others made with these RSC colors go here.

Not wanting to wait until the last minute, I finished my Sweet Sixteen Hands 2 Help charity quilt this week. I tried to use guy friendly colors and prints in this quilt. The backing is the same blue strip print as the binding. It's quilted with a loose free motion meander. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished at 51" x 70". This quilt will be donated to a local charity, Ebenezer Family. They care for children ages birth through 21 that have been removed from their homes due to neglect or abuse. This will be a good size for an older boy.

This year I plan to make a few colorful and scrappy doll quilts each month. A few will will be given to my great granddaughter. The rest will be donated locally. The doll quilt in the picture finished at 21" square.

Friday, March 25, 2016

2016 RSC March Purple and Yellow Week 4, H2H Quilts In Progress

A mini tote bag in purple and yellow. That's all I have to show this week. Not scraps, but from stash. Yes. It's all Laurel Burch fabrics.

And a picture of the inside. I used this YouTube video clip to make it. I added an inside pocket and a button closure. I'm sending this little tote to my great granddaughter in California.
To see what others made with purple and yellow go here Saturday morning.

It's Hands 2 Help Challenge time! I'm attempting to make two charity quilts this year. This is a picture of my progress on a Sweet 16 quilt.

This is a picture of my progress on a Bonnie Hunter Dancing Nines Quilt.
For more information about this Challenge, click the button on the side of my blog.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...