Saturday, March 4, 2017
It's been a month since I posted. Today I have two RSC quilt finishes to write about today! My RSC Column Quilt Along columns became a Row Quilt during construction. I added rows of 2.5" squares at the top and bottom to pull it all together. It's quilted with a free motion meander and bound with a green strip print. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished as 56" x 76". Thank you, Angela for hosting the column/row quilt challenge. This was fun.
I also finished my RSC Wonky Star Quilt. I like this quilt! It's quilted with a free motion meander and after a go in the washer and dryer it finished as 57" x 71".
I finished up some RSC scrappy turquoise fun before playing with my red scraps. Two scrappy turquoise pot holders, a crayon block and a doll quilt finish up my February RSC month.
It was fun pulling out my red scraps for March. Three red 16 patch blocks, two red 36 patch blocks and a red crayon block are pictured.
I have a box of orphan blocks. This week I pulled several half square triangles, a 9 patch, some 4 patch blocks, and some flying geese to made two colorful pot holders. One can never have too many pot holders on hand for gifts. To see what other made with their RSC scraps go here.
My good buddy from NY sent me a few fabric book panels last month. I decided to cut one panel into blocks and make a charity baby quilt instead of a fabric book. It finished at 39" square. Isn't it cute. I turned it in at the last quilt meeting.