Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Camouflage Throw for a Grandson

Most of the fabrics used in the front and back of this camouflage quilt were bought at Walmart. The olive strips were cut from a pair of cargo pants from the Good Will Store. The quilt top pattern is based on Mary Johnson's "Quick Strippie" quilt. Thank you, Mary. This is a great pattern for a small quilt. I think I made the strips a little longer. And I sewed on a border. It was quilted with wavy lines using a walking foot on the sewing machine. After a go in the washing machine and the clothes dryer, it finished at 50" x 66", a nice throw for a child.

6 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Beautiful... your grandson will love it!


Terri said...

I see what you mean about the camo. I hope you will feed your soul and use some bright colors next. I'm sure your son will love this one, but for you...
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Mary's pattern is great - I'm sure he's happy with this - Now go work some color girl!

Cyn said...

What a great quilt for your DGS. I'll bet he loves it! You sure have been cranking out the projects lately. . . you eating your Wheaties, or what?!

Sarah said...

Nice quilt Im sure your grandson will love it (I know I would) Do you wash all your quilts once they are quilted and bound?

Faye said...

What a lucky grandson. I'm sure this will be cherished and made good use of in games!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...