Friday, June 21, 2013

Donation Baby Quilt

Our quilt guild requests that members make and donate a couple baby quilts a year. I made the baby quilt in the picture using an assortment of 2.5" x 5" pieces of pretty fabric and some orange yardage, all sent to me by a friend. I cut and sewed some of the pieces into 4.5" four patch blocks and some into 4.5" two patch blocks. I used some of the orange yardage for a skinny border and most of the rest became the backing. The binding was made with some 2.5" x 5" pieces sewed end to end and I quilted it with wavy lines. After a go in the washer and dryer, the quilt finished at 33" x 33". I'll take it to next week's meeting.

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Nicely done - colorful baby quilt.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a pretty little quilt! Some mother will be mighty glad to get it.

Karen H said...

Very pretty quilt! I love the colors.

Impera Magna said...

A very cheerful baby quilt... makes me smile just looking at it!

Sarah said...

What a happy quilt and will suit a boy ar girl. Someone somewhere is going to be thrilled!

Terri said...

Love it! I like the orange pieces and they blend so well with the other colors. You make good choices! Love the wavy lines you quilted, too. They are so even compared to mine.
Hugs

Faye said...

I love the colours. This is going to make someone very happy!

KatieQ said...

This is really a happy little quilt. Perfect for a little one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...