Our quilt guild requests that members make and donate a couple baby quilts a year.
I made the baby quilt in the picture using an assortment of 2.5" x 5" pieces of pretty fabric and some orange yardage, all sent to me by a friend. I cut and sewed some of the pieces into 4.5" four patch blocks and some into 4.5" two patch blocks. I used some of the orange yardage for a skinny border and most of the rest became the backing. The binding was made with some 2.5" x 5" pieces sewed end to end and I quilted it with wavy lines. After a go in the washer and dryer, the quilt finished at 33" x 33". I'll take it to next week's meeting.