This strip quilt was made using batik strips, some fat quarters and a layer cake I bought on sale at Connecting Threads last year. I cut strips from some of the fat quarters to make the border and binding. The layer cake had only 24 squares so I cut additional 10" squares from the fat quarters for the backing. I pulled the very light strips, fat quarter and squares to use in something else. I'm pretty sure I added some strips cut from the fat quarters to make the inner part of the quilt larger. This was a UFO for awhile. I sewed the strips together early this year and set the unfinished top aside until I could decide on the border, binding and backing.
The pieced back, borders and binding was an effort to use stash to make this quilt.
It's quilted with wavy vertical lines using variegated green thread. After a go in the washer and dryer, it finished a little shy of 53"x 70". Feels good to have another UFO finish.
I'm entering this quilt in the Fall Blogger's Online Quilt Festival here. Voting starts November 1. I hope you will go by and vote for your favorite quilts.