Friday, February 13, 2015

2015 RSC February Pink Week 2, Sweet 16 blocks, Let's Book It Quilt


During this second week of the RSC I turned the two 8.5" crumb blocks I made last week into a hot pad. Then I made another pink 8.5" crumb block and three 4.5" pink crumb blocks. Hard to believe, but I found another small collection of scraps to work through a few days ago. It will be good to have all my scraps and stash organized this year.
To see what others made with pink, go here Saturday morning.
Also pictured are four more Sweet Sixteen Blocks. I now have twenty.
Two scrappy pink themed batik 6"x 10" mug rugs made it into the picture as well as a pink cotton knitted dishcloth. The mug rugs and dishcloth were inspired by Wanda at Exuberent Color.


Not wanting to wait until the last minute for my Let's Book It project, I pulled a 2013 pattern book by Me and My Sister Designs called 3 Times The Charm Book 2 and used the pattern on page 6 called INGRID. All the patterns are charm friendly, but I went to my scraps and in no time put together this little boy friendly baby quilt. No pink or purple fabrics in this quilt. Few if any floral prints. Lots of blues, greens, orange, bugs, frogs, fish, vehicles, action heroes, etc. So it should work nicely for a little guy. I will link this post to Sharon Vrooman's blog at the end of the month.



Here is the front. Lots of blue, green and orange.


Here is the back. Fish. Everything came from stash and scraps. It's quilted with a loose free motion meander. After a go in the washer and dryer, it turned out a sweet 36" x 41.5". I like all 21 quilt options in their book. This will be a charity quilt.

20 comments:

Terri said...

You have been busy, my friend. Love the pinks - so cheery. Your mug rugs are lovely, as is your charity boy baby quilt. So fun - like an I Spy, too.
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Whoot - you have a lovely bunch of blocks and a finish to boot!!

Deb A said...

Love the little boy quilt! Great pink blocks as well..... and a dish cloth. I really need to finish the one in my bag =).

Sarah said...

Lots going on! Your boy quilt is lovely, a nice charity quilt that will make so one very happy!

Scrappy quilter said...

You've been busy. Lovely boy quilt.

Edith said...

Oh wow, you are so busy as usual, love all your pink blocks.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely finishes.

Jennie in GA said...

Lots of progress. Good for you!

suemac said...

Wanda is an inspiration to me to. You really did get a lot of blocks done.

Angie in SoCal said...

Darling baby quilt, Sheila! I admire all your progress and invite you to link to WIPs Be Gone - it's all about progress. Ends Monday, midnight.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your pinks are so sweet, and that child's quilt is just perfect!

Faye said...

very cute quilt for a lucky little boy!

KatieQ said...

You got an amazing amount done this month. That's a perfect quilt for a little boy. I really like the mug rugs.

Kate said...

Very pretty pink blocks. The baby boy quilt is really cute too. You've had a great month so far!

Cathy said...

You sure are putting all your scraps to good use. What a nice quilt for a little guy too.

scraphappy said...

Another great week of progress. Congratulations.

Karen said...

Lots of pretty pinks. Very nice baby quilt. You have been very busy.

make.share.give said...

Love all your scrappy work! The colors are so pretty together.

Laura said...

Hi Sheila, I love all of your blocks, especially your sweet 16's! So colorful! Your baby boy quilt is awesome! You rock at making perfect quilts for little boys. I love it!!

Kathy S. said...

Super cute! Love the bright colors in the fabrics. Great baby boy quilt. Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...