Friday, March 20, 2015

2015 RSC March Yellow Week 3 and Pineapple Blossom Progress


After week three of the RSC I'll add a cotton knitted yellow dishcloth to my collection. The two scrappy 8.5" blocks in the picture will become a hot pad this week. The thirty-six 5.5" cocoa mug blocks made during last year's RSC became a UFO. I have started paper piecing 5.5" string blocks to mix with the mug blocks. If all the blocks are sashed, it will make a small quilt.
To see what others made with their yellow prints this week, go here Saturday morning.


I've made good progress sashing and sewing my Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom blocks together. Hopefully I'll finish the top next week and start piecing the backing.
I goofed making four Pineapple Blossom blocks, but they look pretty. I may sash them and add a colorful key board border for a colorful charity baby quilt.
I like to reply to all comments, but I can't when those that leave comments are "no-reply" bloggers. I've had several this year. Last week Marsha has a question about Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom blocks. They are not paper pieced. The Pineapple Blossom quilt is a free pattern on Bonnie's website. Here is the link.

15 comments:

Laura said...

Hooray for more yellow! I love all the yellow. So happy! You are rocking the Pineapple Blossom quilt! How many blocks are you going to have in your quilt? I haven't gotten anything done this week. Not sure why. I did work Mon & Tues night, Wed I slept, Thurs I ran around town with my daughter, and today I worked on house chores. I guess that is why I haven't gotten anything done! Oh well...I'll try again next week! Have you kicked your cold? I hope so!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely yellows and the pineapple quilt is looking gorgeous. Did I see you were sick - get well my friend.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your yellow blocks.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful use of your yellows.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the sashings in the pineapple project!

Angie said...

Bright and cheerful Pineapple Blossom!

Terri said...

You are a colorist! Love your colors for BH's Pineapple Blossom. Your quilt looks better than hers. Gorgeous!
Hugs

Nell's Quilts said...

Great yellow work with the strips. The pineapple blossom quilt is looking good. The sashing really adds to the layout.

LA Paylor said...

I wish I could figure out the no response blogger thing. I don't even know when that happened but I've tried to follow tutes on it and my buttons are different from the tutes. I gave up. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That Pineapple quilt is really coming along. It is so pretty! Great work.

Marsha Cooper said...

I can't remember...did you tell me that your pineapple blocks are paper pieced?
If so, I would love the pattern.

Delighted Hands said...

Incredible yellow blocks! The pineapple quilt is beyond fantastic!

Dasha said...

That Pineapple quilt is looking great. I can't see where you goofed, so I guess its not as bad as you think. Great yellow progress too.

quiltedfabricart said...

You must have quite the stash to have that many different yellows. I love the scrappy look.

Faye said...

What a gorgeous pineapple blossom quilt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...