Friday, April 24, 2015

2015 RSC April Week 4 Is A Let's Book It Project, A Madeleine Bag


Week four, our last week to play with purple scraps. I wanted to make a purple bag or tote this month and thought I'd do it with a "Let's Book It Project!" I chose an online free pattern that I had saved in my "Favorites" file on my computer. It's a pattern for a bag featured in an "Imagine Gants" 2011 post. Racheal Gander's Madeleine Bag went together easily because of her excellent instructions and pictures. I used different Laurel Burch prints for the front, back and shoulder straps. Only small scraps of the cat paws on purple print remain. May should have bought more.


This is the other side. More cats.


This is how it started, the pattern pieces and everything I needed laid out ready to sew together to make my Madeleine Bag. I made the shoulder straps longer than the pattern using two WOF cuts. Fusible interfacing has been ironed on the backs of the pattern pieces and one of the pieces to be used in the shoulder strap. No interfacing on the rectangle for the interior zipper pocket.


Here is the magnetic closure and a zip pocket. There were instructions for a second interior pocket but I left it out. Here is the link to the FREE online pattern and instructions. Thank you, Rachael, for a cute bag pattern.

18 comments:

Terri said...

That's a cute bag. You are so talented. Thanks for showing it, and giving us the link to the pattern. Having 5 grandgirls I'm thinking it's be fun to make them all bags that look alike. Ellie's will have to be smaller, she's only 1. Now what for the 4 grandguys?
Hugs

Deb A said...

Very cute bag! Love the fabrics you chose. So fun.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely bag - gotta love the kitty print. Thank you for the link - showed it to my SIL (bag maker) and it is bookmarked for a future project.

Jo said...

Good on you. I haven't even looked at my purples this month

scraphappy said...

Love your bag. So many pieces, but it turned out beautifully.

sunny said...

Cute bag! I've only made a couple of small bags. I guess I should try more, if they can turn out this nice.

Scrappy quilter said...

That is so cute. I've never made any bags, however my daughter has. There hasn't been one I haven't liked. One day I plan on making some.

Impera Magna said...

Love the bag! Love the purple! Love Laurel Burch! Thanks for including the link... it looks like a great bag to have!

Laura said...

Nice bag Sheila! Way to use some of your favorite fabrics :)

Raewyn said...

Lovely bag - and a great use of your purples!

Karen said...

The bag is adorable. I love the fabrics.

Angie said...

Wonderful bag - and apparently a great scrap buster: win-win!

Faye said...

A lovely bag. Such beautiful purple fabrics!

Cathy said...

Oh, how cute. Time for me to make a new one!

quiltedfabricart said...

thank you for the link to this pattern - love the kitties!

Sue Daurio said...

That is a super sweet bag, I love the magnet closure. Great color and prints on the fabric

donna said...

Super cute bag. This bag would make great gifts.
Hugs
donna

Sarah said...

Lovely bag and those laurel burch fabrics are just so scrummy. I'm going to go take a look at the pattern now, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...