Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September Let's Book It Project, Starting a Hopscotch Butterscotch Quilt Using Men's Shirt Fabrics


My September Let's Book It Project is a Bonnie Hunter pattern found in "Adventures with Leaders & Enders". I'm using fabric from deconstructed thrift store men's shirts and shirt fabric my friend Elaine shared with me earlier this year. I've had Bonnie's book for 3 years. Been eyeing this pattern since I bought my signed copy from Bonnie after enjoyed her trunk show.
The blocks are fun to piece. I'm struggling with all the plaids. Still, I'm very excited about this quilt and plan to work on it for the next few months. I linking this post to Sharon Vrooman's blog today.

I found this cute YouTube video clip last week. Enjoy.



Animusic

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love how this is all coming together - keep going as it is going to be just awesome. What a super invention and thank you for sharing the Utube piece.

Angie said...

Love seeing all your plaids - I'm a plaid-aholic! Great pattern choice, too. I'm going to have to dig out Bonnie's book and take a second look at it. Thanks for the link to the music video - very cool!

Laura said...

The plaids are awesome! It's going to be an amazing quilt! Good job using your rainy days to start a new project ☔️ The YouTube video is neat!

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful collection of plaids! I find the shirt fabric difficult to work with too, but the finished quilts are so soft and cuddly that it is worth it.

beth s said...

OOooh! I love this one!

Debbie said...

Super quilt.....keep at it. Love how it is coming together. Unbelievable video.....thanks for sharing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hang in there with the plaids - you'll be happy with the mix when you are finished (I had the same problem while working on Uncle Will's Closet -
http://quiltdivajulie.blogspot.com/2012/05/uncle-wills-closet-quilt.html

Sarah said...

I love your shirt fabric quilt! The colours are fabulous. When my husband had a clear out a long while ago I cut the good bits of shirt into three inch squares and I look at them every now and then and wonder what to do with them! The you tube video is so clever. Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

It's going to be a fun quilt, love all those plaids. Really enjoyed the music video. So did My Guy, the guitar player.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...