Friday, January 29, 2016

2016 RSC January Blue Week 5, Let's Book It, Hands 2 Help 2016


During this week of the Scrappy Rainbow Challenge, I made two scrappy 7" x 10" blue batik mug rugs. I plan to make a couple batik mug rugs a month in each of the RSC colors.
Three cotton knitted dishcloths made it into the picture. To see what others made with their blue scraps go here Saturday morning.


I continue to make star blocks for the "Let's Book It" project I started last month. The blocks are made from deconstructed men's shirts. I need 42 Star Gazing blocks for this Bonnie Hunter quilt pattern. I now have 18 blocks. This post will linked on Sharon Vrooman's "Let's Book It" January 2016 blog post found here.


Difficult to believe that it is already time to start working on 2016 Hands 2 Help charity quilts. I decided to make a scrappy Sweet Sixteen quilt much like the one I made last year. I need 48 blocks. Pictured are my first eight blocks. To read about this charity quilt drive follow the H2H 2016 button on the side of my web page.

19 comments:

Kate said...

You've got lots of fun projects going on. Your Let's Book it Project is looking great!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great blocks - love all the fun color on this page. Those shirt stars are going to be fabulous all put together.

scraphappy said...

Another great week. The shirts already look soft and snuggly. What a great "man" quilt they will make.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your projects are coming along nicely. LOVE that BH shirting quilt!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Everything looks wonderful. You always impress me with your constant progress in your goals. Good for you!

Marti said...

Your projects look great. I especially like the blocks made from the shirts.

Sarah said...

Lots of fun projects on the go. I'm still loving the deconstructed shirt fabric! They look so clean, crisp and fresh!

Sally Trude said...

Shirting plaids. My new obsession. And your plaid blocks are so marvelous.

Nell's Quilts said...

The Let's Book It Project blocks look so homey - a perfect den quilt in the making.

Debbie said...

Your shirt blocks....star blocks look so great. I have made this one a couple of times and it turns out wonderful. So I will look forward to its finish. Good idea for mug rugs each month for a stack by year's end.

Dana Gaffney said...

Everything looks so good, I really like the shirt stars, the colors and texture are perfect.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Loving your scrappy 'organised' shirts blocks - can't wait to see the final layout :)

PeggyinNO said...

Love the star blocks! It's amazing how good plaids look in quilt blocks!
Love the knitted towels. I need to make me some more! They are great to have around!

PaulaB quilts said...

The Star Gazer blocks are really special with the fabrics and colors. You have done a lot of nice work with the blues this month. Keep up the good work!

Angie said...

Star Gazer blocks are looking good - you've got a great assortment of plaids and stripes!

Laura said...

It's hard to pick a favorite this week, but I have to say those scrappy Sweet 16 blocks are amazing!!! I can't wait to see that quilt finished!! Did you acquire more shirts for your star blocks, or are you still working through the ones you had? That will be a beautiful quilt too. Happy February my friend! <3

Cathy said...

Such gorgeous projects! You've had a fun start to the year.

Terri said...

3 going at one time! Love them all. I especially love the colors in your 16 squares blocks. So pretty.
Hugs

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lots of fun variety to see here this week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...