Saturday, August 13, 2016

2016 RSC August Light Purple and Gray Week 2, Voodoo Doll Pincushions, Doll Quilt, Tote


Another busy week and not a lot of sewing. Summer, life and family still the priority. Still I had some light purple fun. Pictured is another doll quilt. They are fun to sew.
Our annual guild quilt show is next month. I found several YouTube video clip tutorials about making pincushions. One was making Voodoo Doll Pincushions found here. They were easy, fun and cute. All hand work. I also make two rectangle pincushions using this YouYube video clip.
Money raised from Boutique sales buys supplies for our charity projects.

My oldest granddaughter has a birthday next week. I made a tote to hold the small quilt I made for her last month.

11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the Voodoo Doll pincushions! I will have to look up that video! My quilty friends would really get a kick out of those!

Kate said...

Those vodoo pincushions are very cute. Those should go fast.

The Joyful Quilter said...

For "not much sewing" you certainly got a LOT done!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think you got some nice sewing in. Those vodoo doll pincushions are cute!

gayle said...

That's a pretty big pile of 'not much sewing'... 8)
Love the voodoo pincushions! And the binding on that doll quilt just sparkles!

Terri said...

Voodoo pincushion is a gas! How funny. Of course, your dolly quilt is gorgeous. Good thing I don't belong to a guild, I could never keep up. You are a busy girl.
Hugs

Laura said...

Love the voodoo doll pincushions!!!! I am going to buy one! The doll quilt is adorable, so many cute fabrics! The binding was a happy choice!!

PaulaB quilts said...

The pincushions should be a good money maker, clever idea. Another sweet and cheerful doll quilt. You must have quite a lot of scraps waiting to do one a week. Keep up the good work!

Sarah Craig said...

You've done pretty well for someone who didn't have a lot of time for sewing! Whoop whoop!!

donna said...

Looks like you got quit a bit done. Love the tote for your granddaughters quilt.
Hugs
donna

Faye said...

Love the voodoo doll pincushions. very cute.
Lucky Granddaughter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...