Friday, July 14, 2017

2017 RSC July Blue Week 3 Blocks and Green String Quilt Finish


I love this Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I LOVE the month we play with blue. Pictured are three scrappy 16-patch blue blocks, seven blue string blocks, two 36-patch blocks, a blue crayon block, a donation doll quilt and seven supper scrappy pot holders. To see what others made this month go here Saturday morning.
I've started a colorful string block quilt with dark purple centers. Twenty four blocks made it into the picture. String blocks are fun to make. Mindless sewing.


I finished a scrappy string block quilt with dark green centers. I used 7.5" squares cut from phone book pages for their foundation.


Here is a picture of the backing. It's quilted with a loose free motion meander. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished at 55" x 75". I love this quilt.

17 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I am liking everything you've done this time. Green string quilt is a winner and the patchwork in glorious color, too. I think I may need to make some of those crayon blocks. Is there a pattern? I am thinking that might be a good one for the USO Lounge.

Julierose said...

You've got some beautiful blues going there sheila--and the green string (I love string quilts) is so pretty nice work hugs, Julierose

Crystal_235 said...

I'm going to have to look into making a string quilt. Where do you donate doll quilts?

Jo said...

I do like making those blocks too.

Ariane said...

So many beautiful blocks! Thanks for the inspiration! Congrats on finishing the beautiful string quilt!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

WOW - look at all those fabulous blue blocks! You have been one busy gal. RSC really makes you shine.

Frog Quilter said...

Love all your scrappy projects

The Joyful Quilter said...

Isn't it AMAZING how different String quilts turn out depending what color you add to the center of the blocks? Like you, I live this one, too. Congrats on your new quilt!!

Kate said...

Love your green string quilt, very pretty! Lots of fun blue blocks. Happy stitching this week.

PaulaB quilts said...

You have done really well with blue so far, all very rich and cool. The string quilt turned out very well. I like the green sashing very much. Congrats on that finish.

Linda said...

What a fabulous collection of blocks and finished pot holders you made from blue scraps. Your String Quilt is wonderful! Love those dark centres, really make the other strings zing.

Yvonne said...

I am always amazed at the beauty of your quilting! I certainly have a very talented sister!

Faye said...

Fabulous colours, and some lovely projects

Monica said...

These blues are all gorgeous! But where are the neutrals? 😀

Sandra Walker said...

I love the blue month too!! Just LOOK at all the inspiration in thatbfirst photo! Happy green quilt too.

Candace said...

Your blocks and your quilt are beautiful. I especially like the blue blocks. Thank you for the visit to my block, and for your sweet comment.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Somehow I missed this post, so am visiting today! Your blues are so beautiful! I love them, too, especially after all the neutral of this month, lol! I always enjoy the doll quilts you make every month. Such a great way to make a one block quilt with scraps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...