Saturday, January 20, 2018

2018 RSC January Light Blue, RSC 16-Patch Quilt Finish, Captain America Panel Quilts, Charity Baby Quilt, Scrappy Pot Holders,


My stack of  colorful RSC 16-patch blocks made last year and the year before are now a colorful RSC quilt. It's quilted with a loose free motion meander. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished at 63" x 85".


I bought a couple Captain America Panels for two Great-grandsons. An addition red border border made them a little larger. They were quilted with a large free motion meander. After a go in the washer and dryer they finished about 40" x 45". They were Christmas gifts.


I sashed nine colorful blocks from my UFO box to make a donation baby quilt that I'll turn in next week during our January guild meeting. It finished at 37.5" x 37.5".


A plastic tub of very small scraps is my source of super scrappy pot holders. I make them throughout the year and gift them mainly at Christmas. All I make last year were given away. Pictured are my first six of 2018. Only one scrappy blue potholder. A very slow RSC start. Looks like a busy scrappy light blue week in my future.
To see what others made with their light blue scraps, go here.

15 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

So much scrappy accomplishment and so much to love! What inspiration.

Terri said...

I have always loved your colors. Great happy quilts. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing.
Hugs

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a productive month you've had!! I would LOVE to have an RSC finish this year. Congrats! on finishing multiple scrappy projects.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such great color in all your scrappy projects!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your 16 patch quilt is awesome! What a treasure!

Jennie in GA said...

Looks like you are using up your scraps, blue or not!!

PaulaB quilts said...

You've inspired me to make some more 16-patch blocks this year. I've been cutting my scraps into squares, so I have no excuse not to Thaanks a lot.

PaulaB quilts said...

P.S. I just noticed your block quilt with the central squares. What size are the squares and strips, please. So colorful and easy. That suits me fine.

scraphappy said...

Most people would not call that a slow start. So many happy colors. The potholders will be so handy.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun you have had! LOVE the Capt America ;-)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all the pretty color in your quilts! The 16 patch quilt is especially wonderful!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sheila I do love how you combine your work through the years into those RSC quilts! They are always so pretty, but I really, really like this sixteen patch! Just gorgeous.

Kate said...

The 16 patch quilt turned out beautifully! Love all that scrappy color. The Captain American quilts are very fun. You've did well for December and January. Hope you've had some time to get in some good stitching this week.

Sally Trude said...

Your rainbow sixteen patch is wonderful. It's a good reminder to have a full range of values in each block to make them sparkle.

Top Indian Holidays said...

Wow! its so amazing post you have shared on your blog I have always loved your colour.thanks for sharing such a beautiful post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...