Saturday, November 24, 2018

Ebenezer Donation Quilt, Great-Grandchild Quilt, Two Large Media Themed Totes, Two Super Hero Bibs, Three Doll Quilts


My Quilt Guild had a community service sewing day to make baby quilts and youth quilts for our local Ebenezer Christian Family Center. I worked on this quilt while there, finished it at home and donated during our quilt's October meeting.


Great-grandchild number four is due soon. I made this DC Super Hero quilt from a panel for him. Such an exciting time for our family.


I made six baby bibs for great-grandchildren. Here are two of them.


A few years ago I bought "The Everything Bag" tote bag pattern by Fons & Porter's. It makes a large tote bag. I'm not sure how many totes I have made using this pattern, but people that receive them seem to like them. I have one and use it a lot because it can easily carry a few items or several items. These were given to two grandsons with quilts in them. I call them media themed totes because the fabric strips were cut from licensed fabrics like Marvel, Disney, etc.


This is a charity baby quilt that I'll donate during our November Quilt Guild meeting. It measured about 41" square after a go in the washer and dryer.


Doll quilts are fun to sew. I gave two of these away, The third will be donated.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love all the super hero goodness - my grands were never into that and would have loved to play with it. Maybe a double 4-patch donation quilt is in the future. Super use of colors and fabrics; well done. I always get compliments on the bags ( yes, I switch them out and use them) you made for me.

Terri said...

Love the bags. They would be so interesting to the kids. Sweet bibs. You sure can tell you love to make the dolly quilts. The colors are great, and there are borders, too. Thanks for sharing. Wish I had your work ethic.
Hugs

Jo said...

Great lot of work happening there.

Kate said...

You've been busy! Love those media tote bags and the superhero quilt. Happy stitching this week.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How very pretty everything looks! You are a marvel. Couldn't resist, Marvel Comics, huh? Those tote bags looks very useful. I have a very special one I use quite often! And all those quilts - oh, my - they are just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hi Sew Cook and Travel.

Nice to see you build out from the thoughts I shared on Google+ yesterday.You make some very god points regarding the value of Home Design Ideas.

Hangzhou private tour

JanineMarie said...

I love all the happy colors in these quilts!! Those tote bags are wonderful. (How big are they?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...