Tuesday, January 22, 2019

2019 RSC January Red Week 3, String Blocks, Charity Baby Quilt, Doll Quilt, Hot Pad


Proof I'm having lots of fun with RED. Last year I accidentally made my Eye of God blocks in two sizes. Half of my blocks were a little larger that the other half. Now I'm working to make blocks to finish up two Eye of God quilts this year. Not a problem as both quilts have been spoken for.  Pictured is a red Eye of God blocks, ten string blocks and five blocks made with 2"x 3.5" rectangles. One super scrappy hot pad make it into the picture.
A word about the ten string blocks. Each block has a string that is a color different than red. This idea I stole from another RSC participant, Janine Marie at Quilts From the Little House found here  Thank you Janine. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but they are fun to sew. Besides, I love to have stacks of blocks near the end of the year to pull and make quilts of different sizes.
To see what others made with red, go here.


I pulled nine blocks from my orphan block collection to make the charity baby quilt pictured above.


And another doll quilt. Both the baby quilt and the doll quilt were donated during my quilt guild's January meeting.

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

Your red blocks are beautiful! Well done on the two beautiful quilts you have donated, they are lovely too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Have you hit the bottom of the red scrap bin yet? That is a lot of red blocks and they all look great. Lovely finishes and great job on your donations to start the year.

Jo said...

You have made a great range of blocks. I like the idea of the strings in one colourway with the added string of a different colour.

Kathy S. said...

Looks like you are definitely having fun with those red scraps. I particularly like the string blocks with one other string of another color. Fabulous! Now it will be like a scavenger hunt to see if I can find out who that other RSC person is since I visit almost every one of the blogs on Scrap Happy Saturday.

I also love the five blocks with the 2" x 3.5" pieces. Genius!

Crystal_235 said...

You have a lot of red scraps!

Terri said...

Good looking blocks and the little quilts are wonderful. So colorful.
Hugs

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How pretty! I love all your red blocks. Can hardly wait to get back to playing in my fabric more!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! You should bottle and sell your enthusiasm for sewing up RSC blocks! I was a fiend my first year, but you are like the Energizer Bunny. You just keep on going. LOVE all of your RED scrappy sewing!

JanineMarie said...

Oh, what fun to see the string blocks with the extra color strip! I hope you have as much fun with this project as I did. I just finished my quilts from them, so hopefully I’ll have a post to share this weekend. I’m running late on this year’s start, but there’s still one day left of January. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...