Thursday, July 5, 2012

Some Patriotic Red, While and Blue Stars

I've been collecting red, while and blue fabrics for a patriotic themed quilt. Fourth of July celebrations inspired me to try some star blocks. I follow Allison Harris' blog called Cluck Cluck Sew. She has some excellent tutorial posts on her blog. The patriotic stars in the picture were made using her star tutorial. So far I've finished 6 stars and have 2 more cut and ready to sew together. I need 48 blocks for a nice sized quilt and 8 stars is a good start. This patriotic quilt is for a young man, my son, that served in the Army for 6 years. I'll work on this project some each week until it's completed. I want to give the quilt to him in November.
Thank you, Allison.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

those stars look good.......

Impera Magna said...

What a great project... your stars look great!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I love stars. These blocks are so cool. I have followed Allison for years too. She does magical things! And she's a nice person too!

Diana and LaDonna said...

You just can't go wrong with red, white, and blue! Your stars look great and I'm sure the young man will appreciate it. Good luck!

LaDonna

Marina said...

Sheila, I am truly touched by this project. You are an amazing person.
I am sure this man would love your work and would cherish it for many years to come.

Cyn said...

Stars are looking great! What a wonderful project. You have a big and loving heart.

scraphappy said...

Great collection of RWB fabric. It is going to be a fun quilt when you get it done.

Candace said...

Beautiful blocks, and a huge Thank You to your son. My grandson is in the army now and about to head to Germany with his family for 3 years.

KatieQ said...

This is going to make a great quilt. I like the variety in your star fabrics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...