Friday, November 23, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 10 1/2" Blocks Quilt Top

I had 33 rainbow blocks and needed two more to make a quilt top with 5 blocks across and 7 blocks down. Because the smallest blocks were 10 1/2" squares, I trimmed the larger ones a little so they would all play nicely together. All my blocks were cut and pieced from 2 1/2" strips from scraps and stash. The blocks were sashed with 2" strips.
The inner border was made with 2 1/2" strips of black on white fabric and the outer border was made with 4 1/2" strips of white on black fabric. The quilt top finished at 63"x 83". This quilt top makes me smile : )
To see what others are making with their black, white and gray scraps, go here Saturday morning.
.

17 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Oh, I really like this!! The blocks look great together. Good one!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This turned out just wonderfully! Super use of your color blocks made thru the year.

Deb said...

That came out great! I love how you put them together and then used the white/black and black/white for the borders. Great job.

Cyn said...

Super! Wow your quilt turned out great. Love how you did the outter borders, too. Your quilt makes me smile, too. It's a Happy Quilt!

Tonya said...

WOW, this is beautiful.....let me know if you can't find it a home. ;)

LynCC said...

Pretty!!! I really love rainbow quilts, and yours looks terrific with those white and black borders.

Terri said...

Sweet! I love that some of the blocks are a different pattern than the others. Way to go!
Hugs

Muddling Through said...

Yay for a colorful finish! Looks great.

Impera_Magna said...

Your cheerful quilt makes me smile as well... congratulations on a great finish!

scraphappy said...

Your quilt makes me smile too:) What a bright, happy quilt it turned out to be. Congratulations on a year of great scrap using.

Candace said...

That is so gorgeous. I want to play along next year and do something similar. You did a really beautiful job on it.

Faye said...

A beautiful bright quilt top. I might do this challenge next year, since it looks so lovely put together! Very nice indeed :-)

Karen said...

Very colorful quilt. I love it.

Kathy said...

I love this quilt with all the beautiful colors and they just fit in together so perfect. Good eye!

Cathy Tomm said...

It looks great. How did I miss seeing it on Saturday. I love the little frames each block has.

Diana and LaDonna said...

The colors are so vibrant! Excellent use of colors!

LaDonna

Karen H said...

This is really pretty. I love the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...