Friday, May 17, 2013

Crochet and Knitted Dishcloths


I made 4 dishcloths this week. One was crocheted. After watching several "how to crochet" YouTube video clips, I was able to crochet a dishcloth using a single crochet stitch. It's the pink one in the picture. I used Azalea Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn and an "I" hook.
I didn't have enough Chocolate Umbre strip yarn to knit a dishcloth the size I wanted, so I added/knitted a strip of Soft Ecru from another ball of yarn. That's the dishcloth in the picture below the pink one. It didn't turn out as pretty as I had planned, but it is for washing dishes. The dark blue knitted dishcloth which looks black in the picture was knitted using Indigo Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. The 4th dishcloth was knitted using Moondance Sugar'n Cream, a variegated navy, light blue, pale blue, purple and white cotton yarn. I used Number 7 bamboo knitting needles to knit all three.

7 comments:

Deb A said...

I love my bamboo #7 needles! That is what I use for my dishcloths. Pretty variety of colors..... and 4 in one week. It seems to take me a few months to make one....

donna said...

Your washcloths look great. I have been making a few for gifts. I have been reading through you blog. You barns are so cute.
Hugs
donna

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the bamboo needles too. My next one will be with that blue variegated with purple and white.

Terri said...

Good works! Keeps you hands busy.
Hugs

Lynne said...

Clever you! Single crochet (it's called double crochet in UK and Australia) uses a lot of yarn -- that's why much crochet (like granny squares) is done in double crochet (which, you guessed it, we call treble!)

Angie said...

Ha-ha! Finally started a dishcloth this week. About 3/4s done, but won't be working on any knitting this weekend. Maybe I'll have two dishcloths done by next week!

Unknown said...

oh nice......how do you like using them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...