Thursday, November 7, 2013

2013 RSC, November, Brown, Week 2


Been a slow week. Still, I did some sewing. I'll add a couple Crossroads blocks to my collection. Forgot to make one in black and gray last month. Now I have eleven blocks. I'll make Crossroads blocks another year. Another happy, scrappy house block for that collection. Now I have 21 houses. I'll make house blocks another year, too.
I won a mini charm pack of Double Chocolate from Fabrics N Quilts! I used all of them to make a couple beautiful pot holders for Christmas presents. Whoever gets them will be very happy.
A few knitted dishcloths make it into the picture. Love those yarns.
Now to make some apples for the Fat Quarter Shop Quilty Fun sew along. The sew along button is on the side of my blog.
I have all my fabrics chosen and put aside for Bonnie Hunter's new Mystery Quilt. First clue is day after Thanksgiving. I'm going to make her smaller, 75"x 75" version.
To see what others made with their brown scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.

13 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What pretty pieces and great use of the mini charms. I am doing the smaller BH version too.

donna said...

You have been a busy bee. Your blocks look great.
Hugs
donna

Terri said...

Love your blocks... even though I don't like browns, yours turned out rich with color. And the dish cloths are lovely.
Hugs

Karen said...

Great brown blocks. Your dishcloths don't love very brown but I love them anyways.

Faye said...

lovely browns, i like the reds mixed in too

Deb A said...

I'm with you on the smaller mystery. Love your blocks - sounds Luke you are all planned out for next year.

Cathy said...

For a slow week you did pretty darned good. You are right about the potholders. I'd be happy to receive them for sure!

I decided not to do Bonnie's mystery this year and instead quilt Orca Bay and Roll, Roll Cotton Boll! I really want to especially since it has Celtic in the title (I have Irish ancestry) but just can't spend the time right now so will probably copy off the directions and sew later. I did gather together some fabrics, though!

Julie in GA said...

I have been thinking that I might have to make Crossroads blocks for the RSC next year. All your blocks look great!

Angie said...

Looking forward to seeing all your houses together!

Sarah said...

I love the little brown house! You are a lucky person winning a charm pack and its a really nice use for them - someone will be very happy!

Kathy said...

Love your crossroads squares. I'm so glad you visited my blog as I thought everyone would forget me. I haven't been on much since Dad died. I have found my sewing room and I'm so happy to be able to go back on and look at all the neat stuff being made on here. Thanks for waiting on me to come back, you are special to me.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

YOU are a busy girl, Sheila! Everything looks wonderful.

Nanette Merrill said...

The little cabin house is my favorite. I love making blocks like these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...