Friday, November 22, 2013
I blogged about the center of this batik puzzle quilt in an earlier post. I used this pattern. It seemed a little small. So I added a few borders to make it larger. My quilting friend, Sharon Vrooman, suggested an inner light border and a darker outer border. Good idea! Now it looks like a framed puzzle.
The backing and the binding is pieced using batik fabrics and strips from my scraps and stash. Actually, everything in this quilt came from stash. It's quilted with a loose meandering free motion pattern and finished at 37" x 49.5".
Because it's going to be a wall hanging for a little while, it hasn't made a round in the washer and dryer. Later I'll wash and gift or donate this little girl friendly baby quilt.