Saturday, January 25, 2014

2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, January, Blue, Week 4


The 8.5" Spool blocks in the picture were made during the 2013 RSC. This year I'll make more spools to add to this collection.


After a week of playing with blue scraps I'll add four 6.5" sampler sew along blocks, a 8.5" spool block, a couple 5.5" Coco Mug blocks pieced with a Lori Holt pattern and a 8.5" cat block that is half of a cat block pattern by Patti Carey called Kool Kats Kwilt. Her pattern was published in a magazine years ago. I'm not sure what I'll do with this block, but it was fun to make. A knitted dishcloth made it into the picture, too.
I have a lot more blue scraps, but I'm ready to play with another color in February. To see what others made with their blue scraps, go here.

17 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

What a great spool block. I love it.

scraphappy said...

So productive as always. I love the cat, and am sure he will sneak in somewhere. I am looking forward to another color too. Soon......

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of great blue blocks! Forgot about your lovely spool blocks.

Karen said...

Very pretty spool blocks. You have been busy making blue blocks.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great collection of blue blocks. Love the cat block and the spools are lovely.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You have been busy again. I like all these blocks AND your system of making different blocks each month.

Marly said...

You have a nice collection of blue blocks, I like the rainbow spools.

Sarah said...

I just love your rainbow spools. I don't remember them from last year!

Elly D said...

WOW! You have a lot going on. Love your spool block project! Great way to use up those skinny strips. Your little sampler blocks are adorble. You have used some very pretty blues in them. Your cat and mug blocks too are great and I see you're still knitting! Great idea to start making dish cloths now to pop into gifts.

Impera Magna said...

It's interesting how great your monthly blocks look but when you sort them out to "all spool blocks"... they become something more.

As always, your beautiful blocks made me smile this morning!

KaHolly said...

Oooh, la, la!! They are beautiful.

Cherie in St Louis said...

I love your string pieced spool blocks. I might have to try some of those too! This is such a fun challenge...after seeing such wonderful projects from past years, I've jumped on the bandwagon :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Ooohh lala is right! Love how the samplers are coming together! (I'm looking forward to our next color as well!)

Terri said...

Love your spools - so colorful.
You have been busy - as usual.
Are you going to make a rainbow cat quilt?
Hugs

Faye said...

I love the car, he's very cute. And your spools are looking great!

Sherrill said...

Have you ever shared on your blog what size you cut the pieces for the spool block? I'd be interested in knowing as I like the larger size. Thanks, they're adorable.

donna said...

Your blocks always look terrific.
Hugs
donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...