I bought a batik jelly roll called Splash of Color by Moda on sale a year ago to make a strip quilt. This week I cut the 2.5" WOF strips in half, randomized them and sewed them together end to end to make a jelly roll race quilt.
I pulled three batiks from stash to piece a backing.
It's sandwiched with White and Natural cotton batting, quilted with horizontal wavy lines using my domestic sewing machine's walking foot and a 3.1 stitch length. A pale yellow cream cotton thread was used for the top and a variegated green cotton thread was used in the bobbin. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished at 51.5" x 63.5".
When I was ironing Monday, I ripped a hole in my old, stained, worn ironing board cover. I took the old one apart for a pattern. My new one is an improvement. It's reversible with a layer of batting inside. I love it.
My mother and I went to a local quilt show today. They had boxes of scraps for sale. A plastic bag of scraps was $2. I scored with lots of precut squares and scraps perfect for a couple I Spy scrap quilts.