Friday, October 10, 2014

2014 RSC October, Black, Gray, Brown, Week 2, Puppy blocks, Rainbow Triangles Finished, and A WIN


I had fun making these puppy blocks with 2.5" squares. The blocks are 8 squares by 9 squares making large blocks. They look wonky because of the camera angle. They aren't  : )
To see what other made with their scraps, go here Saturday morning.


The scrappy rainbow triangles made during the last two RSC years, are now a finished baby quilt.


The backing is pieced with a purple dragonfly print. I didn't have quite enough so I added a row of orphan rainbow blocks. It's quilted with a free motion meander and bound with a black on white print. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished at 35" x 42.5". Feels good to have another finish.


I linked pictures of four children's quilts that I made and donated this year in the "100 Quilts For Kids" quilt challenge hosted by Heather at QuiltsInTheQueue. One of my linked quilts was drawn and I won a Homebody fabric bundle designed by Kim Kight and donated by Pam Matthews of DelRay Fabrics! Twelve fat quarters and a 2/3 yd piece of beautiful, soft fabrics. Thank you Heather and Pam Matthews for sponsoring this challenge. My quilt that was drawn was a mystery quilt challenge project my guild hosted earlier this year. The quilt went to one of our guild's quilt charities for children in need.


Here is my BH Celtic Solstice Mystery quilt hanging in the Wilkes County Public Library. Just bragging and showing off here :D

FYI! Scrap Quilt Challenge 4 hosted by Fabrics N Quilts is coming to a close. Link your scrap quilts by October 15th. There are several awesome prizes! Click Shannon's "Scrap Quilt Challenge 4" button on the side of my blog for rules and instructions. Link up before time runs out.

20 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love your new doggie blocks! Congratulations on your win - what a great bundle of fabric.

Andee said...

Cute doggie blocks! Your CS looks fab hanging in the library!

Kate said...

Love your doggy blocks. Celtic Solstice looks great. Congrats on the finish, the scrappy diamonds turned out beautifully.

scraphappy said...

Those doggie are just too cute. What a fun quilt they are are going to make. Congratulations on the win, looks what fun to play with new fabric from a lovely coordinated bundle. Great setting on the triangles too.

Mari said...

Cute puppies! Brown and gray worked great for them. Congratulations on Celtic Solstice, too. It looks fabulous!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Cute doggies and your CS looks great hanging at the library!

Karen H said...

The puppy blocks are really cute! Great job on the Celtic Solstice - I want to get mine finished before I start the next mystery. I know, not much time! I love the fabric bundle you won.

Edith said...

Wow, love the scrappy rainbow triangles baby quilt.

Angie said...

So much fun this week! Congrats on having your Celtic Solstice hanging in such a wonderful venue! (libraries are dear to my heart!)

Mystic Quilter said...

Great doggie blocks!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You know, I don't blame you for bragging - it's a beautiful job you've done on the Celtic Solstice, and those doggie blocks are just too cute! Congratulations on your fabric win.

Karen said...

Congratulations on winning. Your quilt is stunning. I love the little doggies. You might need to make some kitties and put them in the same quilt.

donna said...

Your doggy blocks are so cute. Congratulations on your win.
Hugs
donna

Laura said...

Hi Sheila! Lucky you! What gorgeous fabric you won! I looked through my finishes for the year, but nothing scrappy. Your doggy blocks are adorable! Such a fun way to use blacks, browns, and grays. See you Saturday!

Kathy S. said...

I LOVE your puppy blocks. I added those to my on-going list for the RSC. Congrats on your win. It's so much fun to win fabric. Good luck on what prize you will win on the Scrap Challenge 4. I entered that one too. There are soooo many prizes in that one! Your Celtic Solstice is gorgeous -- especially with the big blue ribbon on it! :)

Terri said...

I missed your blog while I was buying my new house!
So happy to see you won a blue ribbon... you deserve it. The CS quilt is gorgeous! And you won some fabric, too. Good for you.
Now starting some Scotties, or Digital Dogs? Love it. Will you be making other colors? You know there are red dogs, and carmel colored breeds, too. Looking forward to getting a pooch after we move. Do you have one?
Hugs

Sarah said...

How exciting to see your quilt hanging in a public place! And it looks wonderful! Your puppy blocks are lovely, might have to make some. I could do them In black and white to match my puppy!

Ramona said...

Your scrappy baby quilt is beautiful! Love the colors, love the design... Love it!

Kat Scribner said...

You just have the most fun projects going on! especially love the scottie puppies and the diamond strings! always a pleasure to visit your blog.

Jeanne said...

Lots of great eye candy in your post. I love the triangles quilt and your puppy blocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...