Friday, October 3, 2014

2014 RSC October, Black Gray Brown, a Quilt Top, a FINISH and Let's Book It


This month we play with black, gray and brown scraps. Since I used my all my scrappy rainbow 8.5" blocks to make make the quilt in the picture below, the three 16 patch blocks in the above picture will start a new stack of 8.5" RSC blocks.
Two cotton crochet spiral scrunchies made it into the picture. As did a baby quilt pin basted and ready to quilt next week. I sewed my scrappy rainbow triangles together and added a border. It's sandwiched with a pieced backing and some pieced White and Natural batting.


My 2014 RSC 8.5" block quilt is finished. It's quilted with a loose free motion meander and bound with some green stripped fabric.


The pieced backing is Monet inspired prints. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished at 70.5" x 88", a generous twin or cuddle quilt.


I looked through patterns I had bought and never used to find my "UR PRICELESS COIN PURSE" pattern by Madame Sam at Sew We Quilt. It took a little longer to make than I thought it would ... but it's cute as a button in Laurel Burch prints. I'm linking this finish to Sharon's Vroomans's  blog in her "Let's Book It" post.

18 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Another great rainbow quilt! Now I would not have thought of a mirror to show the back of a small project while photo'ing the front - clever.

Ellen said...

Your rainbow quilt turned out wonderfully! The baby quilt is going to be fantastic. I really like the design.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your scrappy rainbow block quilt looks great! I love the checkerboard border followed by the green.

Deb A said...

Love how you did the triangles into a quilt! So smart. It looks like a big jewel! Great finishes.

Pauline G said...

What lovely quilts - and a sweet purse

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sheila, you are just getting better and better! Both of those quilts are great, and the little purse is cute as can be.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the grenade borderd quilt - and the triangle string diamonds are great! Congrats on the progress!!!!

scraphappy said...

What a fun finish, and it looks like you are already busy with browns and blacks. Such a sweet little coin purse. Love the way you showed both sides.

Kate said...

Love all your scrappy projects. The quilt from last year's blocks is eye popping gorgeous! Congrats on that finish.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness... so much scrappy deliciousness!
Very cool mirror photo :)
You are so productive with your scrap blocks... thanks for the inspiration!

Angie said...

Love how the scrappy rainbow triangles came together!

Teresa in Music City said...

Look at you go girl!!!! Such wonderful finishes - and that little purse is simply adorable!

Terri said...

Darling baby quilt - lots of color to entertain some new person. Love the other quilt, too. The sampler with so many shapes and colors. Very pretty, and a finish!
Also love the coin purse. Great choice of fabric, so cute.
You have been busy.
Hugs

Nell's Quilts said...

You are so creative! That photo of the little change purse is so great. Being able to see front and back is too cool! The RSC quilts are adorable. Love the spools, stars,16 patches and hearts in a rainbow of colours. The diamonds aren't too shabby either. Great finish and ahead of schedule too. Great start on the browns, greys and blacks.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your 16 patch blocks are going to look good in the colours of the month, look forward to seeing them next week!!!

Karen said...

Two very pretty rainbow quilts. Awesome coin purse. Congrats on your rainbow finishes.

Cathy said...

Wow! Another awesome finish? I'm not sure how you keep it up week after week. It's really been fun watching you make blocks over the years that are now turning into some quilts. I'm inspired!

Oh, that coin purse is so cute. What is the size of the hardware on it? I might have to get that pattern. I have a bunch of those purse clasp thing-a-ma-jiggies.

Laura said...

Yea for another finish!! You rock, Sheila!! I love it! I also love your diamond baby quilt. And your coin purse is adorable!! BTW, I am trying to fix my settings so you can respond. Let me know if I have corrected the problem. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...