Friday, January 23, 2015

2015 RSC January Blue Week 4


This week I finished cutting my blue scraps into usable sizes. Crumbs will go into a plastic bag. Strips less than 1.5" wide will go into a box of strings for string blocks.
The two 8.5" crumb blocks in last weeks post became another blue crumb hot pad. That's two this month. They make nice gifts. I'll add five 4.5" crumb blocks to my growing crumb block collection. The large blue puppy block in the picture was made with 2.5" squares. I made three puppy blocks last year. Now I have four.
To see what other's made with their blue scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.


Sarah is hosting a Sweet 16 Block Quilt Along this year. See her button on the side of my blog. She is posting 16-patch quilt ideas each week. I have a plastic tub of 2.5" squares that I've cut from scraps. I'm always adding and taking squares from this container. Pictured are four colorful scrappy 16-patch blocks I made this week with squares from that tub. My plan is to make about 48 blocks for a Hands2Help Charity Quilt this year.
Three knitted dishcloths made it into the picture.
Usually I buy Peaches'n Cream or Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn for my dishcloths. However, a few weeks ago I found a new to me cotton yarn brand at AC Moore and thought I've give it a try. Using a crochet YouTube video, I crocheted the BRIGHT dishcloth in the picture. It was fun!  Here's the link to the crochet dishcloth video tutorial I used : ) 

19 comments:

Laura said...

I love your puppy block!! He's so cute! I also really like your 16 patch blocks, so colorful!! Way to use all your blue crumbs too!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely bunch of blocks - the puppy is sweet and make an adorable little quilt.

scraphappy said...

What a fun and productive week! Love the puppy block. I can already picture him with his rainbow friends.

Kathy S. said...

What a lot of fun you've had with scraps this week. I keep a huge bin of 2" scraps handy. Sarah Craig is awesome. I'll probably do one on of the sweet 16 patterns with the 2" for H2H this year too. Keep on quiltin'!

Jo said...

Another busy week. Well done

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Is your new yarn the same weight as the other yarn?

Julierose said...

Loving that adorable doggie block! Nice selection of blocks you're doing this year...hugs, Julierose

Frederique said...

This is a great organization for your scraps. Love the way you used them.

I'm running a fabric giveaway, you are welcome to enter and win fabrics from Fat Quarter Shop!

Terri said...

Cute puppy. Did I tell you that my Grandma made one like that as a 3-d stuffed toy for her second great grandkid? I made one for my first grandboy, too. You make two of the doggies - mirror image and then add a strip of the squares to each side, fill and sew shut. My son - now well over 40 - still has it, unless his dogs chewed it up.
Love your crumbs... they do make really nice pot holders.
Hugs

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the puppy block. So cute!

Dasha said...

What a cute idea to do a puppy block! Looks great.
Thanks for the link to the QAL. I made 16 patches last year for the RSC and I will toddle along to see what ideas there are on the link to set them into a quilt.

Kate said...

The puppy block is fun, love all those bright blues scrappy blocks.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I love your doggie. I'd like to do that as a RSC, maybe next year. Just like the other Terri commented, I have a pattern for a little doggie toy. Good luck with your RSC15 projects!

Nanette said...

Rainbow puppies are going to look amazing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great job! Love the puppy block!!

Sarah said...

Very cute puppy block and your rainbow blocks will look great, thanks for the you tube link. It's excellent!

make.share.give said...

Thanks for the 16-patch quilt-along link. I love the bright colors in your crocheted hot pad.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Another prolific week, Sheila! Everything looks so good. I especially like the puppy block. It's tempting me.

Faye said...

I love your colourful squares.

Lovely yarn for the dishcloth too. The stitch your using is lovely with the pattern on the yarn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...