Friday, April 22, 2016

2016 RSC Orange and Black Week 4


Another week playing with orange scraps and I'll add two 16-patch blocks to my ongoing 16-patch block RSC collection. I'll also add a scrappy wonky star block to that block collection. Pulling from my small scraps, I pieced a super scrappy pot holder/hot pad. These are a lot of fun.
I pieced two orange and blue pot holders from gifted scraps. They will be donated to sell at our guild's annual quilt show boutique in September.
Four QOV blocks made it into the picture. Our guild turns these blocks into Home Town Hero quilts.
To see what others made with their scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.


I added three rows of dancing nines to this quilt in progress. It was meant to be a second H2H quilt, but it won't be ready in time. It needs at least three more rows and a border or two, a pieced backing, quilting, binding ... I'll finish it later this year. I have one H2H quilt finished and ready to donate so all is good.

16 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job! You always get so much sewing in each week. Time for me to get off the computer and go sew something orange!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Super blocks and projects with scraps. I am sure the Dancing 9's will find another home in it's own time.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Another productive week! Your red/white/blue blocks are so pretty.

Kate said...

Lots of pretty blocks. You had a productive week.

Turid said...

Great blocks, and I especially like the orange and black ones.

scraphappy said...

The red sashings on your D9P really ties all your colors together beautifully. I am sure that there will be need for another quilt by the time it is done.

Angie said...

Love the dancing nines setting and using red really makes everything jitterbug!

Sally Trude said...

That dancing nines is wonderful. Our guild makes quilts for pre-K kids in our area, and that pattern is now calling my name.

Terri said...

Love all your blocks, but the Dancing 9s is grand. Love the red zig zag path between blocks. You certainly have a great work ethic. How can I catch that bug?
Hugs

PaulaB quilts said...

You always come through with something fun each week. The Dancing Nines lives up to it's name!

LA Paylor said...

dancing nines! Dancing alligators on machines, there's a lot of dancing around quilting these days! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Gretchen Weaver said...

I want to make a Dancing 90Patch sometime. I already have the 9-patches made, just need to add the 2 side sashes. Yours is very pretty. Blessings, Gretchen

Laura said...

Hi Sheila, loving all your quilty goodness this week! The little jackolantern fabric is so cute!!! I bought a couple of fat quarters for you when I went to the Cotton Quilt! They made me think of you! I'll try to bring them to guild tomorrow. I won't be able to stay long because I have to work, but I want to pick up my bag project and the 4th step in the mystery! See you soon my friend!

beth s said...

I LOVE that scrappy nine patch! The red strips make it sing.

Sarah said...

A busy week. Your blocks are great. I particularly like your QOV blocks.

Ivani said...

Pretty blocks, Sheila. I love your Wonky Star. The Dancing Nine is looking so cool with the red sashing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...