Saturday, May 7, 2016

2016 RSC May Green Week 1, Charity Baby Quilt and Charity Doll Quilt


I Love Green. Especially after a long winter time when trees have lost all their pretty green leaves. This week I pieced four 16-patch blocks, one 36-patch blocks and a super scrappy pot holder to add to my collections. To see what others made with their green scraps go here.


When one wants to make a fast and easy quilt, nothing works better than a panel. My sewing buddy, Laura, gave me a couple baby panels to turn into baby quilts earlier this year. The backing for this panel is a soft lemon yellow cotton. It's quilted with a large free motion meander and bound with a colorful striped print. It finished at 34.5" x 42". I'll take this little quilt to this month's annual guild meeting.


Little doll quilts are such fun to sew. Addictive! This little quilt finished at 21" square. I'll donate it later this year.

11 comments:

Cathy said...

Another week of beautiful inspiration! Great green blocks, and what sweet baby quilts!

Deb A said...

Such cute quilts and look at those vibrant greens! So fresh for spring.

Kate said...

Very vibrant greens! Congrats on the cute baby quilt and mini.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your green 16 patches! I feel the same about green - so welcome after the brown Colorado winter.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That baby quilt is ADORABLE! Enjoy your GREEN sewing.

PaulaB quilts said...

You sure do have a way with greens, so lively. And the mini quilt looks like an I Spy, how cute.

Terri said...

Your greens look delish. Love the baby quilt. It's always so hard to make one for a boy... this one is just right.
Hugs

Kat Scribner said...

Love your projects! You are off to a running start with your greens. I hope to start mine tomorrow.

Nanette said...

You're off to a good start with all your greens. I haven't even looked at my greens yet, good thing there's whole month to play!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

All your greens look like a beautiful Springtime garden! I like the baby quilt, too. I have some panels I need to use.

patrickbeverley675 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...