Saturday, May 21, 2016

2016 RSC May Green Week 3


This week I worked on a green RSC column of flying geese. All my other column blocks were loose so I sewed them together. I wanted to audition my colorful RSC columns. So far, looking good! To see what others made with their green prints, go here.


A grandson requested a string block quilt. Since his birthday is in August, I thought I'd start making blocks for a media themed quilt. I'm sewing colorful 1.5" strips of fabric on 7 3/4" square pieces of paper torn from a phone book. The centers are 2" strips of Kona White fabric. I using a lot of super hero, movie, cartoon and tv themed prints.

15 comments:

Kate said...

Your Scrap challenge quilt is looking great. Those string blocks are going to make a really fun quilt.

Nell's Quilts said...

He's sure to love it. Strings and comic book characters are always in style.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wonderful string blocks -- and your columns are looking pretty great, too.

quiltingbydawn said...

I really like the way these row quilts are coming together. Very nice!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your columns are coming along nicely. Have FUN with your grandson's quilt!!

PaulaB quilts said...

Those lime green geese are my favorite and go so well as a row. The string quilt is a great idea with the white accent against all the brights, so much fun.

Peggyinno said...

Your columns look great! And what a great idea for the string quilt! Love those fabrics!!

gayle said...

I love that column quilt - especially those perky green geese!
And that string quilt is going to be fabulously bright and colorful! Lucky grandson!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your column quilt is coming along wonderfully. Just love the idea of a super hero string quilt - bright fun prints.

Sally Trude said...

Where's my doll quilt for the week? :) I look forward to seeing the string quilt come together and it's fun to see how the RSC row quilts are progressing.

Julierose said...

Super string project; I love your green geese--(must be from the altitude lol) this will be such a lovely row quilt...hugs, JUlierose

Faye said...

Nice columns. I especially like the orange ones. Lovely fabrics.

Mari said...

Those columns look great! And the strings look really happy too!

Magpie Sue said...

There seem to be a lot of string blocks being made in the RSC this year! All your blocks look wonderful.

Laura said...

I can't wait to see your Grandson's quilt finished! I love string quilts. They have so much to look at when they are finished.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...