Friday, April 28, 2017

2017 RSC Week 5 All Colors, Dancing Nines Quilt Finish, Doll Quilt Finish


I have enjoyed this RSC month. Pictured is a pot holder made with 1.5" HSTs taken from the orphan block box. Also a donation doll quilt made from 2.5" HSTs from that same orphan block box. I've made a dent in the orphan box this month. Also pictured are six colorful 16 patch blocks to add to my RSC collection.
To see what others made with their colorful scraps, go here Saturday morning.


Happily I've finished another UFO started last year! It's a Dancing Nines Quilt using a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her website under the Free Patterns tab. I used 2.5" squares from my tub of 2.5" squares cut from scraps. Sashing is 2" wide. I omitted the piano keyboard boarder. It's quilted with a large free motion meander and finished at 49" x 65". I'll donate it during our guild's May meeting. Many novelty prints in this fun quilt. Perfect finish for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice works this month Sheila--that little dolly quilt is just adorable... OI did a Dancing 9-patch that needs to be backed still..it is a fun pattern...hugs, Julierose

Jean said...

So good to see your colorful scrap projects.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

The Dancing Nine Patches may be my favorite Bonnie Hunter pattern, though it's really hard to pick just one. Yours is perfect, and yes, the fun fabrics in the nines really make it fun. Love seeing all your prolific sewing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed Dancing Nines quilt. It will make a FABULOUS donation quilt!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of scrappy color going on! Love the dancing 9 pattern and wonderful donation quilt.

Terri said...

Love your Dancing Nines. So pretty. The dolly quilt is nice, too. Good use of an orphan block. Lovely to see you blogging.
Hugs

Deb A said...

That sweet doll quilt is adorable! The dancing nines will sure make someone very happy to snuggle under. Great job this month.

Laura said...

Beautiful work as always!! I love the bright yellow binding on the doll quilt, and the dancing nines is so cheerful! Hooray for finishes!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've done lots of fun things with your multi-color scraps this month! I especially love that doll quilt - so pretty!

PaulaB quilts said...

Congrats on a fine finish. I like it with just the plain border. Your sure made good use of your orphan blocks. It's satisfying to get those used, isn't it? Have a fun week!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! Lots of fun and scrappy goodness in all of your projects.

Anonymous said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.

บอลพรุ่งนี้

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...