Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Grandmother's Choice Week 1

I'm just back from a Labor Day weekend at the beach. It was hot and humid! I sat under an umbrella and read Miss Julia Meets Her Match, a book in the Miss Julia series by Ann B. Ross. The author lives in NC. I hope to finish it up this week.
Our hotel had wifi and I was able to blog surf. I was unable to resist the Grandmother's Choice weekly sew along. I notice my quilting buddy, Sharon Vrooman, has the GM Choice Button on her blog, so I thought I might as well play, too. Maybe Terri of quiltncards will sew along with us.
I'm going to do this quilt along in scrappy floral prints from my scraps and stash. That's this grandmother's choice.

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Thanks for the shout out - I haven't even done mine yet - still pulling odds and ends - yes, use that stash!

Impera Magna said...

Very nice... love those florals! Glad you're joining in!

:)


Cyn said...

Very nice block. I especially love the Pink Daisy fabric... so pretty! I didn't sign up for this one... I'll root you on from the sidelines!

Terri said...

I'd love to join you ladies, but I'm just knee deep in projects started... I've been yearning to get back to the palm leaves, and I'm still doing the Rainbow, although I haven't taken the pics yet or blogged about them. I'm still stitching on the commissioned quilt I'm making, too. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day.
I will enjoy seeing your quilts develop. I do follow Sharon, and Freda, so I'll see theirs as well as yours.
This block is lovely. I'm gathering that this is for a little girl.
Thanks for the invite, but I must pass this time.
Hugs

scraphappy said...

It is so much fun to join in with other quilters.

Patty said...

Very nice block. I think this will be fun. I really enjoy doing something that you know others are involved with as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...