Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rainbow Challenge September Orange 4 Patch Blocks

The thirty-six 16 patch rainbow blocks I will make during this year will not be enough to make a quilt. So I'm going to make a dozen 4 patch rainbow blocks to go with them. Didn't take long to catch up. See the orange 4-patch in the center..
I wasn't wild about my neutral 16 patch neutral blocks, so I made 3 new 16 patch neutral blocks. I'll use the 3 with the gray blocks in pot holders.

I signed up to do a FNSI and was not able to sew after 5 pm. The grand kids and I went to the grocery store, made Rice Krispie Treats, cookies and worked on a puzzle. We had a good time. To see what others made during the FNSI, go here, Handmade by Heidi.

11 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Your rainbow four patch blocks are very pretty. Can't wait to see the finish! I like the neutrals too but the bright patches are the showstoppers.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A lot of fun blocks - see I like the neutrals - but for another project, not mixed with the brights.

LuAnn said...

Love all of your bright blocks. I think the neutral blocks would make a pretty quilt all on their own.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on winning the Tetris draw! Such a fun prize!
Love all the projects you are working on!

scraphappy said...

Can't wait to see all your blocks together. It is going to be such a happy quilt.

Char said...

Love the rainbow 4 patch blocks. Lots of color!

Cyn said...

Love the 4P blocks. So bright and pretty.

Terri said...

You just know the way to do color! So pretty!
Hugs

Cathy Tomm said...

looks like you got some done this Friday. Love the rainbow four patches.

Kate said...

Love the rainbow 4 patch blocks, so bright and fun!

Elly D said...

Love your 4 patch blocks! Now that's a great idea for next year... how small can we go?
Your neutral blocks are lovely. I agree they would lovely in a quilt on their own, perhaps alternating. another 2 of the lighter ones and another 1 of the darker ones and you would have a 9 block quilt which would look stunning. OR swap about the positions of the two middle ones and make a large runner. VBG. Amazing how we always come up with ideas for other peoples' projects, LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...