Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mini Quilt Along Quilt One: Mosaic

The first quilt pattern used in the Moose Quilt Mini Quilt Along is called Mosaic. Simply Charming Minis has patterns for 16 mini quilts 13" - 21" that can be made with scraps or charm squares. I'll be using mainly charm packs for this Quilt Along, but I though I'd use some of my batik stash to make this modern little quilt..
My mini quilt making experience is limited.  After I cut the quilt pieces I used the diagram in the book to  lay them out the way I planned to sew them together. I left the border pieces longer than I needed them to be. I'm lazy like that.
I used a single hole plate over my feed dogs and a size 70 sewing machine needle to piece these small pieces together. My mini quilt top is finished and I like it a lot!

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh,this turned out wonderful! - Don't forget to change that plate out!

Kathy said...

I love the green mini quilt. I think I'll make some of these mini quilts as I bought a little chicken hanger today to hang mini quilts on:)

Kathy said...

I love the green mini quilt. I think I'll make some of these mini quilts as I bought a little chicken hanger today to hang mini quilts on:)

Marina said...

Sheila, are those little squares batik fabric? Very pretty, I love batiks, such a great colors and a completely different feel... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...