Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, January, Pink, Week 2

This week I made four more 8 1/2" blocks. As long as I make at least four a week, I'll be able to make a big rainbow bed quilt in December. I also made a couple pot holders, one from pink crumbs, and I cut 10 more 5" tumblers to add to my scrappy rainbow tumbler collection.
While I was straightening up my pink stash, I found a few more pink strips and some scraps. I have a lot more pink crumbs that are telling me they want to be future pot holders : D
To see what others have made with their pink scraps this week go here Saturday morning.
I pieced all my Easy Street blocks this week. Took me forever to make them as I had to use my seam ripper on several of them to correct piecing mistakes. Now I'm sewing the blocks together. I'll post a picture later.
It has been a sad week. One of my blogging, quilting friends lost her daughter Monday. Maybe you could visit her blog. She could use some cyber hugs.

20 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of pink goodness going on there!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I love your pink blocks. Yum. I get to sew today and now I am revved up by the inspiration. So sorry about Terri's daughter. I didn't know. Thanks for mentioning it.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

You are getting a great collection of little blocks going. Your quilt at the end of the year will look fabulous!

scraphappy said...

What great additions to your collection. Nice teacup block. Looks like you have the beginnings of a great quilt.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

i'd love to know how you made the cat block! Is this from a pattern?

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What neat pink blocks, love all the variety, they will make a beautiful rainbow quilt!

Candace said...

Your blocks are adorable. I'm so sad for your friend, I can't even imagine.

Ellen said...

Your blocks are wonderful - oh so pretty!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

When I first opened this page the center middle block made me think of a wild haired rooster. Maybe I've just got chickens on the brain. The blocks are all very pretty. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!

Katie Z. said...

What cute blocks!

Cathy said...

Cute blocks!

Angie said...

Oh my! What a lovely batch of blocks! Hope your creative inspiration just keeps you rolling along!

Edith said...

Wow, such lovely pink blocks and I like the idea of cutting tumblers as you go. Scrap management and making a rainbow as you go, smart, just might be using that idea myself.

Cathy Tomm said...

Another week of great pink blocks. I love the little star in the four patch, cats cute too.

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

These blocks look so fun and whimsical. Destined to cheer up a room. I'm so sorry to hear of Terri's daughter. I will certainly stop by and leave a note.

Elly D said...

Gorgeous additions to your pink Rainbow scrappy quilt! The tumblers are going to be great too.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. So heartbreaking. I will stop by and leave a 'hug'. I can't think of anything worse that can happen to a person.

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful blocks, Sheila - that's going to be some quilt! Whoop whoop!!

Terri said...

Love them!
Hugs

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your blocks! You have some wonderful pink scraps and I love both teacup blocks.

Janeen said...

Great blocks love the designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...