Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, January, Pink, Week 3

This week I pieced three more 8 1/2" blocks and a pink house using Bonnie Hunter's "Scrappy Happy House" block pattern found on her web page. Many things can be made with those blocks during the year. Hot pads, pot holders, table runners, etc.  I cut more 2 1/2" squares and 5" tumblers for my square and tumbler collections. To see what others have been making with their pink scraps, go here.
This week I've worked on my "Easy Street Mystery Quilt" by Bonnie Hunter. I hope to finish the quilt top this weekend. And I've been practicing my knitting a little every day.
To find Bonnie's web site, click on the Easy Street button on the side of my blog.

19 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well, you certainly have a lot of pink! I found some more, but putting in a drawer for later - fill in on blocks that I may need later once I know what I am doing with them.

Impera Magna said...

I'm getting more and more drawn to the house blocks... love yours in pinks!

Cathy said...

Love your use of scraps especially that house!

Scrapatches said...

Love your scrappy 16 patch blocks and the house is sew adorable ... thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Bright fresh pinks....most of my pinks are muted. Your house is so cute.

Sarah Craig said...

Such pretty pink blocks! Whoop whoop!!

Linda said...

Great blocks! I like them all. The pink looks so fresh and lively.

Lynne said...

I got out all of my pink scraps but couldn't make a decision so the next day I put them all away again!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Super cute pinkness going on there! That house is just perfect.

Cyn said...

Love all the pinks! Super cute blocks.
What a great idea to also cut some extra shapes and put them aside. I'm gonna steal that idea! Thanks.

Teresa in Music City said...

Love your pink scraps! You have a lot of them in great variety :*) I will be cutting some precut sizes out of what is left of mine too. Love the little house!

Edith said...

Your pink blocks are delightful, love the brightness & I have borrowed your scrap management idea and cut some tumblers and strips myself - Thanks.

Deb A said...

Love your tumblers! All your blocks came out great.

Angie said...

What a terrific variety of pinks you have! They create a very happy effect!

Karen said...

I love the pink scrappy house.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great block Sheila, you have some beautiful pink fabrics! The house is adorable!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fabulous accomplishment Sheila! I love that you are cutting pieces for your collections as well as sewing blocks each month...a great organizational tip!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great set of blocks.

Elly D said...

What gorgeous pink fabrics you have Sheila! Your blocks are simply delicious! Love the fussy cut pink tea cup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...