Saturday, January 26, 2013

2013 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, January, Pink, Week 4

I LOVE, love, love pink and hate to see this month end as I have lots of pink scraps. Mother and I have bought small pieces of pink fabrics forever. When we go to fabric stores, we linger at the shelves with pink bolts of fabrics.
During this last week of pink fun, I covered a little note pad. Because it looked like a rectangle pieced block in a photo, I placed an uncovered note pad below the covered one as a before and after shot. They make nice little gifts.
The large heart block is make using a quilt pattern I bought last year from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. It was a Daily Deal. I may or may not make the entire quilt, but I don't mind having some orphan blocks around. They usually end up pieced into the backing of some of my quilts or made into hot pads. Some become donation blocks for charity quilts. I think I'll be making more of these heart blocks for fun. They were easy.
Connie posted instructions for a "Crossroads" block this week and I had to piece one. They are fun.
I made three more 8.5" blocks.
Made a pink house block to go in my row of houses for the Bee In My Bonnet Row Along : )
I didn't cut any more pink 2/5" squares or 5" tumblers this week.
To see what others made with their pink scraps this week, go here.

21 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So many pretties - I love the idea of the small notepad - done the bigger ones, but these would be great to do for our quilt guild's end of the yr. picnic for each member.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So many pretties - I love the idea of the small notepad - done the bigger ones, but these would be great to do for our quilt guild's end of the yr. picnic for each member.

Katie Z. said...

Good work!

Terri said...

Very pretty. I see a bunch of finished quilts in the future. Good Job.
Hugs

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your pinks are so pretty, and I like that crossroads pattern, too. Thanks for sharing!

LuAnn said...

You have lots of great projects and I love all of your pink.

scraphappy said...

What great pink pieces! The little notebook is just adorable, but the house is the one that makes me smile. Glad you were able to put so many of your special pink bits to good use this month.

Lynne said...

What a lovely variety of pink blocks. I haven't even started mine, every moment of sewing time has been used working on UFOs/WiPs! Ah well, I'll catch up later, I'm sure!

Edith said...

Sheila, so many pretty pink block, delightful.

Sarah Craig said...

Your pink blocks are wonderful, Sheila! And thank you for sending your hand block for my project - I love it!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What fun pink blocks Sheila and I like the print in the Crossroads block for a different look!!

Faye said...

I love the heart block; it's so cute!

Elly D said...

Such yummy pink blocks Sheila! I too am sad to see pink coming to an end this month. Love pink!! You did good with yours this month.

Cathy said...

Fun blocks! (I'm smiling)

Teresa in Music City said...

My goodness you certainly were having fun with your pinks this month, weren't you! Love them all!!! And what a cute idea to cover that little note pad. Did you glue it down to the covers or make envelope covers?

Doniene said...

Wow, what wonderful pink blocks!! So cheerful!! What a great project!!

Blessings

donna said...

Sheila your blocks look GREAT. What fun.
Hugs
donna

Sarah said...

Gosh you have been busy. I really like the pink heart block! Thanks for sharing.

Beth in MN said...

The pink blocks are so cute!! Looks like you had lots of fun and with your Mother. Wonderful!
Beth in MN

Pattilou said...

Your blocks just make me want to make some of your cute blocks. Thanks for the link to the scrappy block. Love your heart block too...oh, so many fun ones!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great collection of pink blocks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...