Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Rainbow Scrap Challenge




I Love Rainbow Quilts!
Scraphappy's blog, SOSCRAPPY, at superscrappy.blogspot.com
is doing a 2012 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You can see Angela's button on my blog. The guidelines seem flexible so I though I'd give it a try. January is RED. Since I have no red scraps, I pulled some red fabric from my stash. (Not a lot of red to chose from, but I'd like to do this challenge from scraps and stash.) I cut 2 1/2" wide strips and made three blocks. I will be trying to make three 8 1/2" square blocks each month, but they are probably going to be closer to 8" square blocks. At this point, I'm not going to trim them to any size. I'll trim them up in December. I'm also saving 2 1/2" scrap strips of the fabric I'm using when I have them. I'd like to have the option of making a rainbow jelly roll challenge quilt in December. If I can keep up I may have pictures of two rainbow quilts to post at the end of the year :D
Regardless, I'm learning and having a GOOD TIME.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks like a fun challenge - if you ever need some color scraps - give a hollar!

Michelle said...

LOVE the red! Have fun!

scraphappy said...

Welcome! So glad to have you join in on the challenge. Love what you have done with your red so far.

Terri said...

Love the prints you've chosen. Can't wait to see the results in Dec. Having a good time is the most important thing about quilting.
Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...