Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Blocks and Strips


I plan to make 3 blocks, 10 1/2" square, a month in the month's chosen rainbow color. By the end of the year I should have 36 blocks. When possible, I'll save 2 1/2" strips of fabrics like I used in the blocks to make a rainbow "strip quilt" like the quilt made in the Jelly Roll Challenge YouTube video. That way I'll have two rainbow quilts by the end of the year.
I realize this is a scrap challenge, but I don't have a lot of scraps. No RED scraps at all. I make pot holders and quilts with my scraps. I do have several pieces of fabric that are less that a yard in size and many fat quarters. I want to make these quilts from my stash as well as scraps.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I like the 3 basic blocks you are using for this project. Gosh if you ever need a color just hollar! Sounds like a great plan - 2 quilts with one concept - 2 very different quilts.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great ideas you have started. I will keep an eye out for them.

Terri said...

Artistic and efficient! Love the prints you've chosen.
Hugs!

Michelle said...

Great blocks!

donna said...

Your blocks are wonderful. Just love the fabrics your are using.
Hugs
donna

Angie said...

I loved these blocks and since I'm starting my first rainbow quilt I love that you have it all planned out. I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea! Should be fun putting it all together at the end of the year.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...