Friday, January 6, 2012

Working on a Scrap Strip Quilt


This is my first attempt at a heart strings strip quilt. I read the instructions on Mary Johnson's blog, blog.maryquilts.com. I sewed strips of fabric on 10" squares of muslin, then trimmed them to 9 1/2" blocks. Notice Batman, Spiderman and Superman strips? No pink or purple fabrics. This quilt is for a grandson when finished. The little white spots you see on each square has two numbers indicating row number and position in that row. I got the idea from someone in blogland. I hope they help me over come my senior moments allowing me to sew the 30 blocks together in the correct order.

Made these last minute Christmas gifts, pillow cases, a few days before Christmas.
I can't wait to try some blocks from the first Scrap Sew Along. Maybe I can raid my scrap box and sew some picnic quilt blocks together this weekend :D

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh what a beautiful string quilt this is going to be - great boys quilt.

Terri said...

Love the string quilt. I was wondering about those dots, so precisely in the center of the dark blue. So colorful. I've been wanting to make one of those. You are paperpiecing... did you know? You are using muslin, but the same technique as pp.

Deb A said...

Love the string quilt. Great idea with the little dots for rows.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...