Thursday, January 12, 2012

Symphony of Blues


While mulling over how to proceed with quilting and binding the last quilt top, I decided to sew up 2 packages of 2 1/2" strips from Connecting Thread called Symphony of Blues. A former co-worker, Cathy, and I have decided we would start getting together and make some quilts. She has the quilting bug. We started sewing a couple weeks ago. I gave her some 2 1/2" strips to start a lap quilt the first week. The next week we got together she gave me 2 packs or 43 strips of lovely Symphony of Blues fabrics. Yes. Connecting Threads accidentally put 22 strips in one of the packs. I had been planning to buy these strips but though they would not be available until the 10'th.
I cut them roughly in half, mixed them up, sewed them end to end to made a long string, cut off about 12", tossed it away, and then proceeded to do the famous jelly roll race quilt. The lady in the YouTube video gets her top finished in about 35 minutes. Took me a couple days! I love it. The shades of blue look better than the picture. This one is a keeper.
Now I'll finish sewing the last quilt top I made a couple post ago while I mull over the borders, backing and binding for my lovely Blue Symphony quilt.

5 comments:

Terri said...

So happy to see your blog today. It's another beauty. I stayed up really late last night making up a sort of jelly roll quilt to take to Project Linus sew in today, and then chickened out. I'm just happy to be here!
Hugs!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have to watch the JRs with other companies and fabric designers - they usually only have 20 or 22 in a roll (because Moda has copy right to Jelly Roll and all entailed). I love this new blue collection from CT - now that I see this, I think I am going to pick up a FQ bundle. Very striking.

Michelle said...

I love it too! Love the blues!

Sheila said...

Thank you for bringing Moda's trade mark 'Jelly Roll' name to my attention, Sharon. I had no idea. So I edited my post entry and substituted 'strip pack' for 'jelly roll'.

Unknown said...

I love the blues and love buying from CT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...