Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day Chicken Soup

1 chopped onion
some chopped carrots
1 large chicken breast cut into small pieces
3 or 4 cups chicken broth
2 large diced potatoes
1 can cream of celery soup
steamed vegetables, optional
black pepper

Cook chopped onions and carrots in a small amount of olive oil, butter and some pepper in a frying pan for a few minutes. Place in crock pot. Cook chicken pieces in a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Place in crock pot. Add chicken broth, diced potatoes. Cook for 3 or 4 hours. Add a can of cream of celery soup. Cook for another hour.
We had a bag of raw broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots in the frig and decided to cook some up in the steamer. I poured the soup over the steamed vegies. Double yum.
Oh yeah. We enjoyed our soup with a cake of Mexican Corn Bread. Triple yum!
Merry Christmas : D

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sounds yummy and I have all the ingredients.

Marina said...

Hi Sheila! Merry Christmas! At first I thought I am in the wrong place: didn't expect to see any food here :) I am sure glad it's a soup day: I love Chicken soup on any day!

Terri said...

Your soup looks yummy! I love homemade soup in the winter - warms your bones. I gotta try this one. Thank you!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...