Thursday, May 23, 2013

2013 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, May Blue, Week 4



This is the last week we're playing with bright blue scraps and my box of blue scraps is still full. Pictured are four 8.5" blocks, a 9" crossroads block, a pot holder/hot pad, some 5" tumblers and 2.5" squares to add to my collections. I'm knitting a dishcloth with Denim Blue Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. It's almost finished. It's been a good month.
This week, most of my sewing time has been spent finishing up a UFO, a quilt top I made during Lori's Bee In My Bonnet Row Along. I'm binding it now. After it has a go in the washer and dryer, I'll take and post a picture. Maybe Sunday.
To see what others made with their bright blue scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.

10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You played with a lot of blues this month!

Sarah said...

Well there's always next years challenge to use your blue scraps on! Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Terri said...

Beautiful blocks, as usual! Love your color sense.
Hugs

Judy D in WA said...

What a fun bunch of blue blocks. I like the idea of cutting the tumblers and the squares.
My favorite part of quilt finishing is taking the quilt out of the dryer when it's still warm. That is the best snuggle ever!

scraphappy said...

You have had a good month! What a great collection. Love that color of yarn -- denim - it is such a nice blue.

Karen said...

Very pretty blue blocks. I like the variety of your blocks. This rainbow challenge has been fun seeing everyone's blocks and making them.

Angie said...

Nice crop of blue blocks - I really like that blue & white polka dot fabric! I looked for that denim Sugar 'n Cream, but my Michael's didn't have it. I got two other multi colors containing blue. Finished my first dishcloth, but forgot to photograph it.

Teresa in Music City said...

You made some beautiful blocks this month! And of course I always love seeing how your dishcloths turn out too :*) My blues are still pretty full too. I guess I will have plenty to play with next year!

Edith said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty, I think you keep yourself very busy with all the blocks, knitting and scrap management that you do.

Unknown said...

You are going to have tons of quilts when this challenge is over!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...