Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, January, Blue, Week 1, Happy Scrappy Houses

The top 20 Happy Scrappy Houses were made in 2012 and 2013. The two blue houses in the bottom row were made this week, 2014. I pieced more than 20 houses in 2012 and 2013, but some were pulled and made into donation blocks. Several were made into hot pads/pot holders for presents. This year I'll make house blocks until I have enough for a Happy Scrappy House quilt. The pattern is free on Bonnie Hunter's website here.

I added borders on the 4 bright blue houses.
Because my hot pads/pot holders and knitted dishcloths are well received presents, I'll make more each month. I also plan to make more spool blocks, crossroads blocks, and string blocks to add to those I made last year.
Many of the scrappy blocks I pieced and scrappy units I cut last year will be made into quilts during January and February. I'll post pictures of my progress in my RSC weekly posts.
Our 2014 Rainbow Scrappy Challenge host, Angela, plans to post piecing instructions for 6.5" blocks this year. When we sew our blocks together at the end of the year, we'll have a Sampler Quilt. Since I love Sampler Quilts, this sounds like fun to me.
To see what other's made with their blue scraps, go to Angela's blog here Saturday morning.

21 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Your rainbow blocks always make me smile... and I love Bonnie's scrappy houses quilt pattern! It's going to be fun...

Sarah said...

I also love Bonnie's scrappy houses. I like the idea of turning them into pot holders.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

House blocks are always fun - you are always on top of your game plan.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

You are so organized. It is always fun to see what you are working on. Happy New Year!!

Ellen said...

Your houses are so cute!

scraphappy said...

What a happy village of houses. It is wonderful that you keep using your blocks in potholders. I hope you save up enough for a quilt this year, it will be so happy!

Cathy said...

Cute houses. I've always loved house blocks. Looking forward to your fun blocks again this year and your dishcloths!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your colorful houses! They will make a really great quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a beautiful, quilty neighbourhood!

Cathy said...

Those houses are so much fun. And putting the wonky sashings on them makes them almost seem like they are winking at us.

Anonymous said...

Great project (re)start. Have fun.

Faye said...

These are so cute. They look wonderful together.

Dasha said...

What cute little houses! You don't mention what size they are. But that doesn't matter, they look great.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The houses are so cute!!

Sharon said...

Love the houses!

Karen said...

Your house block are bright and cheery. I like the wonky ones too. I look forward to seeing how you make them in to a quilt. I need ideas for the houses I will be making.

Karen said...

Your house block are bright and cheery. I like the wonky ones too. I look forward to seeing how you make them in to a quilt. I need ideas for the houses I will be making.

Karen said...

Your house block are bright and cheery. I like the wonky ones too. I look forward to seeing how you make them in to a quilt. I need ideas for the houses I will be making.

Unknown said...

love the colorful houses.

newsurfiegirl said...

What beautiful houses!

KatieQ said...

Your house blocks were my favorites produced during the Rainbow Challenge from any of the blogs I visited. I'm trying to decide which blocks I want to make for the Challenge this year. I may steal your idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...