Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, February, Pink, Week 1, A Finish and A Win


This Christmas a niece and her hubby announced that they are going to have a baby. My niece loves scrappy quilts. The scrappier, the better. So this week I sewed together 8.5" rainbow blocks I made last year during the Rainbow Scrap Challenge to make a small quilt. I used 30 RSC scrap blocks for the quilt top.


And I sewed 23 RSC scrap blocks and seven solid 8.5" blocks cut from scraps and stash for the backing. It's quilted with vertical wavy lines and bound with white polka dots on black fabric from my stash. After a go in the washer and dryer, it finished at 39"x 48".


February's color is pink! I made three pink string 8.5" blocks to add to one I made last year. Two knitted dishcloths made it into the picture as well as a cute small wallet I won this week. Thearice of Pig Tales and Quilts drew my name! Yah!

To see what others made with their lovely pink scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.

17 comments:

Terri said...

Love the rainbow block quilt. Special on both sides! And your pink strings block is great! Congrats on your win.
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow - a reversable quilt full of great blocks. Sure to be loved! Great start to the pink month.

Jo said...

I have just started making those dishcloths too

Impera Magna said...

That is so cool having blocks on hand and whipping up such a beautiful baby blanket or two like that!

Love those pink string blocks...

scraphappy said...

Such a happy quilt! So glad you had such a great block collection to choose from. I'm sure it will be perfect for the new arrival.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I need to do some pink and red dishcloths too. I like the yarn you used in that one.

Deb A said...

Such a bright and fun quilt! So nice you had all those blocks handy for your quilt to go together so quickly. Pretty dish cloths.... I really need to make some more.

Katie Z. said...

I love your quilt. Good work!

make.share.give said...

The baby quilt is wonderful! Kind of like an I Spy with all the different colors and fabrics. Great job!

Sarah said...

A double whammy! The quilt looks fantastic I'm sure they will be delighted!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Impressive!!! I LOVE that Baby quilt! Fabulous idea!!And your string blocks are yummy!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, what a perfect baby quilt - front and back! Good job!

Gina said...

love the baby quilt so bright and cheerful xx

Cathy said...

Just catching up on RSC posts...I think you should also get a prize for that reversible quilt. What a great use of scraps. I knew all your various RSC blocks would come in handy this year.

KatieQ said...

I love the idea of a reversible quilt. All of the wonderful colors and patterns are sure to please the baby as well as the mom.

Quilting Nonnie said...

What a wonderful use for your RSC blocks! A perfect baby quilt. I love string blocks and your pink ones are dandies.

Faye said...

Gorgeous rainbow quilt. I love the hearts. And a beautiful bright pink block.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...