Friday, March 1, 2019

2019 RSC February Yellow, Sprouts, Houses, Sampler Blocks, Assorted Yellow Blocks, Coin Purses, Hot Pad, Baby Quilt, Doll Quilts


I finished up some February Yellow blocks for the RSC today. Pictured are six house blocks. One was a carry over from last year's RSC. Five blocks made with 2"x 3.5" pieces, two 49-patch blocks and a yellow Growing Up Odd are  also in the picture.


Pictured above are eight yellow sprouts and some yellow RSC sampler blocks. Academic Quilter did a wonderful tutorial for a flower block. It was awesome. However, lazy me opted out for a square of yellow with a flower print. I'm still thinking about the applique peel block. My bad.
To see what others made with yellow, go here.


This is a picture of charity baby quilt I donated last week during our monthly quilt meeting. It was about 39" square.


This is the back of the quilt. This makes three baby quilts I have made using blocks and fabric I had bought for a large quilt. Often I start with an idea to make a large quilt and opt the blocks and fabric for baby quilts.


I donated these two doll quilts last week.
During this year I have decided to make small items for Christmas gifts. The coin purses, hot pad and knitted dishcloth will be added to my Christmas gift box.

7 comments:

Terri said...

You have been busy! Love your blocks and the baby quilt is lovely. I love how you use color, that blue is amazing, and in just the right place. Thanks for sharing - you are inspiring!
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a bright post today! All that amazing yellow - very productive for a short month. Starting Christmas gifts early and thru the year is a good thing. Very sweet baby quilt and good on you in making the project into something useful rather than stuff an unhappy ending into a closet.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

What a wonderful collection of yellow blocks and small gifts. You indeed have been busy. Enjoy the weekend.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a bountiful display of your sewing talents. On a gloomy day like we're having here today, those yellow blocks are like rays of sunshine! Good idea to stockpile Christmas presents, and I like your smaller quilts, too!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful yellow blocks, you have been very busy this month. You have donated some beautiful quilts.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So many pretty yellows in your blocks! I like that baby quilt design, too. What pattern do you make the little coin purses from? I would love to try those!

Laura said...

You've had a productive month! I love everything you create! The little pouches are adorable. I see you found some different colored rings for them! That makes them even brighter!! The baby quilt turned out to be so happy and will keep a little one warm and cozy! Good job!!! :) I'm still excited to see your sprout quilt come together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...