Monday, August 3, 2015

Let's Book It, Red Pepper Quilts Log Cabin Tutorial


For July's "Let's Book It" project I looked through my computer's bookmarks and found a bookmark that I had saved in 2011, Red Pepper Quilts Log Cabin tutorial. Here is a link to that post. If I had a nickel for every time I have looked at this post over the years I would have a LOT of nickels. My plastic tubs of scrappy 2' strips and 2.5" squares are almost full and this project will make dents in both. I sketched the block on graph paper and penciled in the measurements of each piece of the block. Then I got to cutting and sewing.


And this is what I have so far. I'm having a blast and plan to work on several blocks a week until I have enough for a busy, scrappy, colorful quilt or two.
Today I'm linking up to Sharon Vrooman's "Let's Book It" July 2015 post.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh, pretty! Love all those bright scraps.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good for you for using the tutorial!! Great scrappy colors, too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a great way to use up those scrap strips and yeah for re-discovering a saved file on the 'puter' - I have too many of those.

Terri said...

Brilliant! I should have thought of using my "favorites" as a book it. And now that I'm enlightened.... I still can't because all my fabric is being held (for ransom) in my house that isn't mine yet. We did get to move into the house, but we didn't get to stay there in person. I thing the owner is worried we'd stay there without paying. So we are paying for a motel room instead, until the underwriter of the loan can get her paperwork done... she keeps thinking up new things to want. I figure the only paper she could want yet is a verification of our underwear sizes. OMG LOL!
Anyway, I finally got WIFI up and can blog again.
Keep up the good work. Love your Log Cabin start up.
Hugs

beth s said...

This quilt will be beautiful!!!!

Laura said...

Love these scrappy log cabins!! They are cheerful!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It is looking really good! I like the log cabin blocks a lot. There are so many variations and effects to be had with them.

Stacey said...

I love the "Let's book it" idea. My favorite bookmarked quilt is one called Oh My Stars. I need to just bite the bullet and start the darn thing. But I am getting so side-tracked by seeing everyone else wonderful ideas.

Sarah said...

Scrappy and log cabin is such a good match! I'm going to look at all my bookmarked saves after this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...