Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 RSC January Blue Week 1, Gifts in the Mail


2016. Can't believe it's a new year already. Angela chose BLUE for January's RSC color. I love blue so the RSC blue month is a lot of fun. 16-patch blocks are one of my favorite go to block patterns. Forty-eight sashed blocks make a nice quilt. These four 8.5" blocks will be added to my collection carried over from last year. I'm now half way to my goal of 48 blocks.
Angela is hosting a RSC Column Quilt Sew Along this year. Sounds like fun.
To see what others made with blue scraps and fabrics, go here.


It was a very busy December with lots of Christmas sewing. Unfortunately .... very little blogging and blog surfing. I sewed at least seven of these totes for gifts. They were made using 1.5" strips of men's shirt fabrics.


I'm blessed with internet blogging friends. My sewing buddy, Terri, sent me a 2016 pattern calendar. They are so much fun! Block patterns, quilt patterns. I see a cute house pattern on the front of the box that I'll be trying first! That boat block says future "boy baby quilt". Thank you Terri.


My Texas sewing buddy, Elaine, sent me these beautiful squares of Kaffe Fassett prints. He is one of my favorite fabric designers and I think these squares are wonderful! I'm looking forward to playing with them this year. Thank you Elaine.


My New York sewing buddy, Sharon, sent me a box of goodies. Fat quarters, wonderful scraps, a baby panel and a gray jelly roll. Sharon sent me a gray jelly roll last year that I used to sash colorful 16-patch blocks for a large "guy friendly" charity quilt. This year she sent me another! Soooo I'll be making another gray sashed "guy friendly" fun charity quilt this year. Thank you Sharon.

Last year was a good year. Lots of sewing fun! Fourteen or fifteen charity quilt, twelve of them baby quilts. Some quilts for family and friends. A couple dozen colorful scrappy pot holders. Many of zipper pouches, totes, pillowcases, charity blocks. A very productive year. I often reflect about how blessed I am and have been.  I am truly thankful. And very grateful.  I want to wish everyone a blessed and Happy New Year!

18 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

You certainly had a busy year last year! It looks like you are set for another. Have fun with all of those gift fabrics!

scraphappy said...

Blue is off to a great start. I do see a little boy quilt ready to come out of that sailboat block. So many great quilting goodies. Looks like fun!

Mystic Quilter said...

16 patch is a great idea for scraps, love your blues!

gayle said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the new goodies! The calendar looks like it's full of fun!

Deb A said...

So many fun gifts! I still have a quilt calendar from years ago - so many neat patterns included in it. I see a boy quilt and lots of other fun quilts coming out of your sewing room again this year. Thanks for blogging and sharing - I always love reading what you are up to.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You had a lovely year of projects that came from the heart and hand. Love the quilt block calendars and you will have lots of fun with this.

Ivani said...

Love Your Blues! Happy RSC16!

PaulaB quilts said...

What a productive year and more to come! I'm thinking about the 16-patch with some variation, so thanks for the look at the cool blue blocks.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I make 16-patches all the time, just in between other things. Yours are really pretty. I like the blues. You have had a productive year and blessed a lot of people, me included, so it's only right that you should be blessed in return. ;) Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Wow, RSC blocks already! You've done well at keeping up with the RSC.

Laura said...

Happy 2016 my friend!!!

Sarah said...

Lovely quilts gifts! I look forward to seeing what you make with them all. Here's to another productive year! Happy 2016!

Cathy said...

Those totes are cute.

Magpie Sue said...

I fell out of cyber space in December too. Some of it due to Christmas but more frequently due to illness. :-( I'm hoping for better in January. I made a pile of pillowcases for Christmas gifts - they're fun and quick, aren't they?

Marsha Cooper said...

I really like that calendar with a block a day!
How cool that you have friends that send you quilting surprise boxes.
For now my squares are 4 patches for the soscrappy challenge but until I start putting them on the design wall I really don't know yet if they will stay that way.

Shelia said...

How do you sash your 16 patch blocks? I am thinking of using some scraps to make some patch blocks. Thanks.
Shelia stitchedfromtheheart@yahoo.com

Linda said...

Your blues are so pretty together. What nice gifts you received! I love your "shirt" bags - that is a great idea. Now if I could just get Hubby to give up some shirts... ;)

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how many things you have made! I love the quilts but the totes from old shirts might inspiration to deconstruct the ones I have stashed away

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...