Friday, July 27, 2018

2018 RSC July Red Week 4


Red is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge July color. I love red. Pictured are five 16-patch blocks, four string blocks, a happy house block, a 36-patch block and a RSC sampler block. To see what others made with red fabric, go here Saturday morning.

Last month Mother had an autonomic stroke. She had several strokes in the past, but this one was worse than the others. Hospice was called and Mother passed last week. Hospice was wonderful. They took good care of Mother and us.
Mother loved God. She loved everyone. She was at a point in her life that most of her friends and all her family, parents and 12 siblings, had passed. I imagine that she is in heaven, smiling, laughing and happy to see them again. I'll miss her.

9 comments:

Terri said...

Oh Sheila. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you dedicated lots of your time to taking care of your Mom. There will be a huge gap there for a while. I like to think that my Chrissy is there in heaven, too. They would both make good angels.
Hugs

Jo said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. Take comfort knowing she is not in pain and with her past family.
I also lost my FIL last week. It's an emational time.. Take care xoxo

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sheila, I am so sorry for your loss, but glad you can be sure of seeing her again. There is nothing I can tell you to ease the pain. It's just going to take time.
I love red, too, and these blocks make me smile! I love each and every one of them. Isn't sewing marvelous therapy! I do not know how I would have survived without it.
I pray the God of all comfort will comfort you, my friend. He is an every present help in time of trouble.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So sorry for you loss and many comforting hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Quilter Kathy said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom Sheila. It is so hard for those who live long lives and lose most of their loved ones.
Glad to hear that hospice was a good experience.
Hope that your quilting brings you some solace.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sheila, I hope your quilting will be a source of comfort to you during this time of loss. Sending quilty hugs!

scraphappy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your mother is in a better place now.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Sheila, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I know you and your beautiful, sparkling quilts brought her great joy. You are in my prayers.

Katie Z. said...

I am sorry for your loss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...